Abortion & Christianity (it isn't what you think)

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JuliusCaesar

Re: Abortion & Christianity (it isn't what you think)

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Do i really need to post the definition of sociopath?
"...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood
That has nothing to do with anger, only disgust. Oh, and nice taking the qualifier out of my statment. Just like how you put words into mel's mouth, can you even make a point on your own without relying on lies? Oh...wait...bible... :lol:

Edit: and given how you need blatant lies to boost your self image on a MESSAGE BOARD (lmfao 430 pound benchpress SURE), i'd probably destroy you in a fight. Not that is it relevant at all.

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 am

MadAce wrote:What really annoys me is the certainty with which you guys blast his beliefs.

You're making the same mistake JR is making. You don't question yourself.
pwnt

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:
JuliusCaesar wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:You just blindly accept things because they sound 'better' and make no attempt to logically justify them. You assume an afterlife to be true because you would rather it be so when in reality there is no just argument for it. You are weak.
QFT
I know exactly what Heaven is and that I'm going there. Your pathetic attemtps to shame my Religion have only increased my faith. I have to justify nothing to either of you, and as niether of you believe in God, you can both go straight to Hell. I wont shed a tear for your miserable lives and selfish illusions of enlightenment. The lack of God in your life is your biggest downfall - I assume it relates directly to both of your cynical, arrogant personalities.

Look at you pathetic fools, one communist dillusional geek, and one emotionally handicapped, arrogant, valueless child.

You have both made your opinions of me clear, now you know my opinions of you.

I can even predict your next post will be further pathetically repeating your ignorance of God, proclaiming that I believe in an illusion, and insulting my intelligence - but since all your posts are so blatently false, I will have nothing to do but further scoff your arrogant ignorance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10
These are the words I live by.

i dont know about anyone else, but my point is and always has been that you insult everyone else about how they persecute you (which never has happened) yet you go around doing it to everyone else. (i have personally witnessed your attacks ingame on other players that very easily crosses the line of harassment)

the point is your a hypocrite, and far too delusional to see it.

also im pretty sure lying isnt christian

considering there is no way to know which side is right theres little point to argue if religion is wrong or right.

thats why i try to stick to how you treat other people terribly yet expect everyone to adore you, rather than question the validity of atheism or religios zealotism.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:38 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:
MadAce wrote:What really annoys me is the certainty with which you guys blast his beliefs.

You're making the same mistake JR is making. You don't question yourself.
Incorrect, I was born a christian remember? It was questioning which led me here, and this sort of questioning (as JR asserts but in his direction, ironically enough) only strengthens my beliefs. I can say with absolute certainty there is no god or no devil or no hell or heaven, at least not in the primitive judeo christian sense. One may ask that this makes me agnostic, no it doesn't because I follow the principle of Occam's razor in this situation. While we don't know for certainty if there is any ethereal value beyond the tangible, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to just be rotting in a hole after you die, so I stick with that.
I never said you never questioned yourself. I'm saying you don't question yourself right now.

If you can say all those things with absolute certainty then you are either a victim of dogma or you lack imagination. I fully agree that is highly unlikely that the classic views on the concepts you mentioned are in any way truthful. But those concepts are very interesting nonetheless.

And even IF some things are not truthful, it could still be of personal benefit to believe them. Yea, that's right. I said it. In the realm of personal beliefs, having full realization of the truth isn't always an advantage.

You know, I realize it's ridiculous that JR is running around with his persecution complex. But on the other hand, he's just ahead of the curve. The conservatives of 50 years in the future will be battling the likes of me in an attempt to outlaw religion.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm

MadAce wrote: even IF some things are not truthful, it could still be of personal benefit to believe them. Yea, that's right. I said it. In the realm of personal beliefs, having full realization of the truth isn't always an advantage.
Sorry, I try to dwell in reality as much as possible.
And it will take a lot longer than 50 years for that kinda thing to happen in America :|

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:57 am

reality is overrated JC. and so is religion JR.

that's why you play starport. am i right or am i right?

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:08 am

I play starport because I enjoy it, when I cease to enjoy it I stop playing for a little. And while it does offer a break from reality, there is a distinct line between playing starport and going about my daily business. Reality is always waiting when I turn off my computer. Starport doesn't dictate my life or my thoughts on whatever comes after it.

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:03 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Starport doesn't dictate my life or my thoughts on whatever comes after it.
for all you truly "know" god could be controlling your every move/word/thought

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:29 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:
MadAce wrote: even IF some things are not truthful, it could still be of personal benefit to believe them. Yea, that's right. I said it. In the realm of personal beliefs, having full realization of the truth isn't always an advantage.
Sorry, I try to dwell in reality as much as possible.
That's fooling yourself in one of the saddest possible ways.

What's even more pathetic is that you find this mistake amazing enough to actually feel superior to other people.

Funny how there's a good chance JR is actually a better person than you.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Eh? Maybe he is maybe he isn't. Doesn't really matter as there is no way to tell. And if you want to pull some argument against truth and empiricism, I can simply say you are a solipsistic figment of my imagination trying to make me uncertain.

I am curious though, what are some examples in which personal ignorance is a plus?

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:Eh? Maybe he is maybe he isn't. Doesn't really matter as there is no way to tell. And if you want to pull some argument against truth and empiricism, I can simply say you are a solipsistic figment of my imagination trying to make me uncertain.

I am curious though, what are some examples in which personal ignorance is a plus?

knowing the exact date your going to die.

knowing you have a terminal illness that will kill you soon vs never knowing.

there are alot of things that make us personally "feel" better if we dont know them, but does it make us better is another matter entirely.

the point madace is trying to make i believe is this, if everyone in the world knew for a certain fact that god didnt exist. there would be no church, no aid giving charities tied to a religious affiliation in any way. Believing in a god and an afterlife and the karma required to get into the good version of that believed afterlife causes a lot of people to do good things, provide assistance to others etc, that far outweighs the lunatic fringe that the media always shows.

if everyone believed their actions did not have any inherent consequences outside of what humans have said the consequences are (jail etc). then i would imagine more people would do more "bad" things.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Oh I love this, the SGE community is enlightening! :D

How do you like everyone siding against you JC? Looks like people are finally tired of your arrogant, irritating personality and ignorant posts.

Thanks for backing me up guys, I hope you realize I am trying to be a good nice person and defend babies and my Religion, thanks for helping. :D

Chet

Post by Chet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 am

why does jc try to flame a religon, i personally think its a crock of BBQ but i dont try to offend those who follow it.. my point is no one like JC

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 am

LordSturm wrote:
JuliusCaesar wrote:Eh? Maybe he is maybe he isn't. Doesn't really matter as there is no way to tell. And if you want to pull some argument against truth and empiricism, I can simply say you are a solipsistic figment of my imagination trying to make me uncertain.

knowing the exact date your going to die.

knowing you have a terminal illness that will kill you soon vs never knowing.

there are alot of things that make us personally "feel" better if we dont know them, but does it make us better is another matter entirely.

the point madace is trying to make i believe is this, if everyone in the world knew for a certain fact that god didnt exist. there would be no church, no aid giving charities tied to a religious affiliation in any way. Believing in a god and an afterlife and the karma required to get into the good version of that believed afterlife causes a lot of people to do good things, provide assistance to others etc, that far outweighs the lunatic fringe that the media always shows.

if everyone believed their actions did not have any inherent consequences outside of what humans have said the consequences are (jail etc). then i would imagine more people would do more "bad" things.
Well, the whole death thing is very subjective depending on the person involved, but I see your point there.

And it is true that religion does plenty of good for the world, but speaking in an individual sense, that is, a person to person basis, I think most people wouldn't like having their entire lifestyle or belief system grounded in falsehood. But, back to morality. I don't think a lack of religion would negatively affect society as a whole. Yes a lot of morality and "goodness" is grounded in religion, and much of that can be seen in such affiliated organizations today, but does this suddenly make those without religion evil or immoral? Do atheists do no good deeds? No, they simply take their motivation from somewhere else. Perhaps empathy, justice, a sense of right or wrong. There are plenty of other motivators out there which, once religion is removed from a person's upbringing, would serve the purpose fine. Think about it, most of the sensible religious moral guidelines stem from more basic grounds. Why do we not kill each other? Is it because the bible says not to, or because it is unfair (and illegal, for that matter) to do so? Does someone give to a charity because god tells them to do so, or because they -at some level- feel terrible whenever they hear of the thousands starving in africa.

This works conversely too, the old testament sure loves stoning people and similar eye-for-an-eye punishment. Is that how modern society dispenses justice? No, because at our moral center we feel it is detestable, but at the same time that is god's will. There is morality outside of god.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

There is a way to know who is the greatest asset to the world, of course. An enlightened realist such as yourself should realize that. It's just impractical to find it out.

As far as me being a figment of your imagination... How does that make me an unreal entity? I still exist. Besides, the validity of my arguments does not depend on me existing or not.
BTW, a fundamentalist theist would say I'm a demon of Satan trying to make him uncertain. ;-)

Full realization of the truth would make your puny brain explode. You're a mortal, flawed animal. Not a god.
JuliusCaesar wrote:
Well, the whole death thing is very subjective depending on the person involved, but I see your point there.

And it is true that religion does plenty of good for the world, but speaking in an individual sense, that is, a person to person basis, I think most people wouldn't like having their entire lifestyle or belief system grounded in falsehood. But, back to morality. I don't think a lack of religion would negatively affect society as a whole. Yes a lot of morality and "goodness" is grounded in religion, and much of that can be seen in such affiliated organizations today, but does this suddenly make those without religion evil or immoral? Do atheists do no good deeds? No, they simply take their motivation from somewhere else. Perhaps empathy, justice, a sense of right or wrong. There are plenty of other motivators out there which, once religion is removed from a person's upbringing, would serve the purpose fine. Think about it, most of the sensible religious moral guidelines stem from more basic grounds. Why do we not kill each other? Is it because the bible says not to, or because it is unfair (and illegal, for that matter) to do so? Does someone give to a charity because god tells them to do so, or because they -at some level- feel terrible whenever they hear of the thousands starving in africa.

This works conversely too, the old testament sure loves stoning people and similar eye-for-an-eye punishment. Is that how modern society dispenses justice? No, because at our moral center we feel it is detestable, but at the same time that is god's will. There is morality outside of god.
If you say that people who do not believe take their motivation to do good from somewhere else, then why does it seem you have an issue with religion? After all, if religion is just a justification to do good then surely it's just a justification to do bad?

I fully agree that religion is just a means to communicate ideas. Like a phone. So it makes no sense to attack the medium if what you're after is a certain interpretation of the message.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:51 pm

lol, i don't mean the inner workings of the universe and all there ever was when i said truth, i mean that which pertains specifically to the individual's life, and, that which is practical and possible to be known, definitely won't make your brain pop.

I'm not sure what your point is in the religion as just a means of communication, please elaborate.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:30 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:not sure what your point is in the religion as just a means of communication, please elaborate.
Wait a sec... Gotta check something.

What do you think religion is?

BTW, I wasn't just talking about the workings of the universe.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Religion, to me at least, is an explanation of that which is either unknown or unknowable.

And I really don't see the point you are trying to make in your last few posts madace.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:08 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Religion, to me at least, is an explanation of that which is either unknown or unknowable.

And I really don't see the point you are trying to make in your last few posts madace.
Thats not all JC, tell about your hatred towards Religion, the deep animosity you harbor towards unified Worship, the lacking feeling that you fill with self-pride and arrogance.

Tell the whole story, don't leave out parts just because Madace will use the truth against you.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

I don't hate religion, I find it kind of tragic. I DO hate you though. And for someone who isn't "lacking" you certainly seem to love your pride and arrogance anyway.

And I lack nothing. I have something you don't actually, something called reasoning

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:33 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:I don't hate religion, I find it kind of tragic. I DO hate you though. And for someone who isn't "lacking" you certainly seem to love your pride and arrogance anyway.

And I lack nothing. I have something you don't actually, something called reasoning
You find Religion tragic? At least you are being semi-honest there. You hate me... who didnt know that? At least I don't hate you - because my Religion teaches us to love our enemies, I do not hate you but find you very misguided. You seem to be getting angry, there is really no need for it - I have plenty of reasoning or I wouldn't be here.

Hell, Ill admit it - I am the proudest most arrogant person in the world when it comes to Catholicism - I guess it's from believing in the true God and being so sure and happy.

Whatever JC, I hope you find your path in life and chill out man.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:29 am

lul who says I'm angry? And don't give me any I love all my enemies crap, because we all know how you feel about me. And if you care to dispute that point, you undoubtedly hate the gays, though they are both your neighbor and fellow man.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:Hell
Wordy dird!!!!!!
Dirty word!!!!!!
Your going to hell mister! :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 pm

madace isnt on your side jr, he's just against JC. and i think i can safely say that the reason for that is the your stupidity is obvious and have already been blasted to hell and back. madace being the arrogant argumentative person that he is, is arguing with JC because it's more entertaining.

madace - i want to step on your face.

that is all.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Lol even i find it entertaining, at the same time at least somewhat enlightening.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 pm

It's fun to argue you guys, and JC has made it clear in some of his posts that he is angry, but Im always happy and just trying to convert you guys, but you won't listen.

Whatever, I'm much smarter than you all anyway, hope you stop bickering about me and return to the main point.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 am

JesusRocks765 wrote: Whatever, I'm much smarter than you all anyway,
:lol: lmfao so funny

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:15 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote: Whatever, I'm much smarter than you all anyway,
:lol: lmfao so funny
Then go ahead and prove me wrong :D

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am

It takes a 30 second glance through a few of your posts to realize you are a complete dumbf*ck, so I really don't need to.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 am

I knew you'd say some opinionated, emotional response like that, thats about as proven as evolution.