EVE Online

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

BarbaraWalters

EVE Online

Post by BarbaraWalters » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Anyone play this? I'm downloading it now... I played it once a few years ago but didn't like it... I'm giving it another shot..

Caia

Re: EVE Online

Post by Caia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:36 am

Its improved since a few years ago, but it still has the same issues: Skills take FORever to train (at least later in the game) and there is very little to actually do.

808gage

Post by 808gage » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 am

mine mine mine and more mining. did I mention mining?

nextgen

Post by nextgen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 pm

quite a few old sge players play eve myself included

we have an ingame channel called "the patch" feel free to join it and say hi to myself vegabond and unkemt im sure we can help u out with what u need

personally im a pvp'r but we have done pretty much everything u can think of in eve even mining so plenty of knowlege if u need it

just pop in chan and let us know who u are etc i have 3 main toons nexty pwnt , bono mcgee and cynoster unkemt is well unkemt and vegabond is tang sung

see u around peace
Nextgen :twisted:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

I've wanted to play this for a bit, but I have neither the computer power nor personal finances for it. Maybe in college :wink:

What alliances/corps are you guys in? I know a few people who play it, one of whom has been a logistics scimitar for the last few fleet battles in delve (fighting with TEST alliance against the try-hards).

nextgen

Post by nextgen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

well i was in the northern coalition once upon a time with Wildly Innapropriate but recently they merged with Goonswarn ( friends of test )

i just left Noir. the best merc corp in eve to once again do my own thing tbh : )

as for funding the game once u get going u can buy ur time ingame it only takes me about 8 hours gameplay to fund a months gametime ( for 2 accounts ) theses days and sometime i get real lucky and can fund multiple months in just a few minutes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

p.s eve is real easy on computers its nearrly 10 years old so older machines can handle it pretty well tbh

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Thats cool, I know it isnt expensive in the longrun, my friend has been playing for a year and already he can support like 3/4 alts in his alt-corp and has plenty left over for his main, but the issue is getting the funding to get to that point. While eve may be old, my comp is from 2002 and has a loose, crappy graphics card. Like, if you literally get a bad grip on the tower while trying to pull out a plug from the back or something and wobble the card a little, the computer crashes and needs to be restart. It can't even run Civ 4 on the lowest possible settings, and eve looks pretty shiny :F

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Thats cool, I know it isnt expensive in the longrun, my friend has been playing for a year and already he can support like 3/4 alts in his alt-corp and has plenty left over for his main, but the issue is getting the funding to get to that point. While eve may be old, my comp is from 2002 and has a loose, crappy graphics card. Like, if you literally get a bad grip on the tower while trying to pull out a plug from the back or something and wobble the card a little, the computer crashes and needs to be restart. It can't even run Civ 4 on the lowest possible settings, and eve looks pretty shiny :F
Hehe, that sounds like my old computer - Im glad I upgraded, everything looks so modern now :D