Relativity

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Toonces
Site Admin

Relativity

Post by Toonces » Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 pm

IF you were to take a 25-year trip to a nearby Galaxy and back, at a speed say 75% the speed of light, 50 years would pass for you, but when you got back to Earth, 9 million years would've passed for the Earth and everyone on it. Now my math isn't perfect but because of time dilation and length shortening, at these speeds, these numbers are close to correct.

Question is when you got back home would you be like "damn, civilization is gone, what's up with these apes everywhere?" or would you be like "I AM THE MAN WHO LIVED NINE MILLION YEARS! BOW BEFORE ME!"

Ok, I am /baked :)

Caia

Re: Relativity

Post by Caia » Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 pm

:shock:

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Thu May 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Um Toonces, are you ok? Wanna Get High? :mrgreen:

SnakeEyes

Post by SnakeEyes » Thu May 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Fun part being, the higher your relative speed, the shorter the distance too :P. You can go to anywhere in our known galaxy within your lifespan, if only you had the technology/fuel to get to near lightspeed speeds.

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Toonces wrote:IF you were to take a 25-year trip to a nearby Galaxy and back, at a speed say 75% the speed of light, 50 years would pass for you, but when you got back to Earth, 9 million years would've passed for the Earth and everyone on it. Now my math isn't perfect but because of time dilation and length shortening, at these speeds, these numbers are close to correct.

Question is when you got back home would you be like "damn, civilization is gone, what's up with these apes everywhere?" or would you be like "I AM THE MAN WHO LIVED NINE MILLION YEARS! BOW BEFORE ME!"

Damn apes,

puff, puff, pass 8)

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Fri May 21, 2010 1:04 am

I sure hope you would have brought some 'medicine' with you for that 25-year ride :shock: .The most important thing would be saving a seed for when you got back. I'm sure the apes would appreciate it, anyway.

Woots

Post by Woots » Fri May 21, 2010 2:41 am

Dude bow before me, for I am the 9 million year old starport player!
In other news: I think the apes would like a banana more

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Fri May 21, 2010 4:00 am

God, I love this guy. Seriously.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

You Toonces? If you came back after 9 million years you'd be all "Dammit, I forgot to turn off the forums before I left and MadAce is still on there".

Major

Post by Major » Fri May 21, 2010 6:37 pm

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sat May 22, 2010 3:32 am

As a former physics major, idk whether to correct you on everything, or, as some one with a sense of humor, to answer your question.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Sat May 22, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks, Toonces, for reminding me of some of the reasons I still bum around here. I'll be baked in a minute here, myself :)

Thanks for the vid, Major. Beautiful.

duece

Post by duece » Sat May 22, 2010 8:23 pm

I'd make a starport clone but my version would have no pollution.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:56 pm

haha this is like the greatest thread I've seen on here in a very long time..

HAHA Toonces I would totally bake with you :D

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 am

Second one, hands down. Then I would create an empire based on their fear of my immortality and the fact that these stupid apes have no useful weapons.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun May 23, 2010 12:26 am

Toonces wrote:IF you were to take a 25-year trip to a nearby Galaxy and back, at a speed say 75% the speed of light, 50 years would pass for you, but when you got back to Earth, 9 million years would've passed for the Earth and everyone on it. Now my math isn't perfect but because of time dilation and length shortening, at these speeds, these numbers are close to correct.

As long as it was a "No Mod" world I would be all for it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sun May 23, 2010 1:30 am

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun May 23, 2010 5:35 am

@nine-breaker: EPIC WIN

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Must have been a sale on crown royal. :shock:

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue May 25, 2010 8:38 pm

This jsut reminds us that Toonces is a real person. :wink:

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:This jsut reminds us that Toonces is a real person. :wink:
That sir, is incorrect, we all know toonce is a driving cat (who likes to fly high).
8)
edit* found a pic of toonce, even has his real name.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Mon May 31, 2010 3:45 am

I knew a stoner must've ran this game...

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 am

lol was about time me and toonces had something in common!

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I think Toonces banned me for calling him a Stoner, cause now Im stuck at looking for game updates lol

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:55 am

lmfao this is classic i am screenshotting this for when he comes down off his high and deletes it lmfao this must of been his 1st time lol

EDIT

oh yea and i would be like wtf apes? oh well BOW TO ME! then i would go to TX and delete all the patches from 2006 on up XD by then you have to have made 10 bajazilioniols of pointless patches to the maps XD

jk

/love

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:32 am

Cloud1 wrote:I would create starport again, in 9milion years on earth starport would of died of the lack of token spending and population decline. I would create a tutorial a good detail one, to bring in newbie players and learn the game faster so they don't have to quit the game after 3 days when there first colony is taken, or lose all there money for using it on shields. next I would had more things to buy with tokens because that's how I would make my money to hire people to help code for me, I would add custom skins for the ships and added colour of ur choice. I would add tons of ships with a unique look ( real space ships) with different roles to play but all balenced with each other so no ship has advantage over the other. The weapons would be created to combine star trek and starwars and any other space movie or show ( not to copy it exactly but you know what i mean ). I would play my own game to figure out which change i need in order to balance it proper. I would add this game to a game host company like ijji , nexon, or aeria games because they have million user base looking for new free games to try out, with Prepaid cards all over america and canada to buy in stores.

LMFAO THATS CLASSIC

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 am

Cloud1 wrote:I would create starport again, in 9milion years on earth starport would of died of the lack of token spending and population decline. I would create a tutorial a good detail one, to bring in newbie players and learn the game faster so they don't have to quit the game after 3 days when there first colony is taken, or lose all there money for using it on shields. next I would had more things to buy with tokens because that's how I would make my money to hire people to help code for me, I would add custom skins for the ships and added colour of ur choice. I would add tons of ships with a unique look ( real space ships) with different roles to play but all balenced with each other so no ship has advantage over the other. The weapons would be created to combine star trek and starwars and any other space movie or show ( not to copy it exactly but you know what i mean ). I would play my own game to figure out which change i need in order to balance it proper. I would add this game to a game host company like ijji , nexon, or aeria games because they have million user base looking for new free games to try out, with Prepaid cards all over america and canada to buy in stores.
Feel free to make a tutorial video with fraps or otherwise.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Also, feel free to use the "Enter" key and spell check.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 pm

I couldn't help but notice toonce was /baked. Wouldn't It be awesome to just add more /commands. I think we would all love and enjoy the return of /fondle, with perhaps the additions of /tooncinate, /bowdown, /surprisebuttsecks, /pwnt, /passionatekisswithbuttgrab, and maybe even /stab57timesintheback, for everytime I log :lol:

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:32 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:I couldn't help but notice toonce was /baked. Wouldn't It be awesome to just add more /commands. I think we would all love and enjoy the return of /fondle, with perhaps the additions of /tooncinate, /bowdown, /surprisebuttsecks, /pwnt, /passionatekisswithbuttgrab, and maybe even /stab57timesintheback, for everytime I log :lol:

dont forget the /9bajilionrandompatchestoseewhatpeoplereallythinkaboutme command...