H1N1

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

LapidSocnix

H1N1

Post by LapidSocnix » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:45 pm

how can we no if we have H1N1 cuz i think i have it but i am not sure ..... :?

MastrIan

Re: H1N1

Post by MastrIan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

LapidSocnix wrote:how can we no if we have H1N1 cuz i think i have it but i am not sure ..... :?
First off, I would like to commend your obviously grave concern for your own health by consulting an online game forum for medical advice.

H1N1 has the same symptoms as the regular flu, I'm sure you have gotten the flu before and you are obviously not an infant (although your spelling/typing is questionable), so worst case scenario you spend a week suffering from the flu. Just don't get pneumonia and you will be fine. If you are actually concerned see your doctor or go to a free clinic.

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:35 pm

LapidSocnix wrote:how can we no if we have H1N1 cuz i think i have it but i am not sure ..... :?
Wrong f'ing website...

This is SGE, not WebMD. :roll:

That being said, H1N1 is pretty much just a different strain of the flu (there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of strains of flu already out there).

As long as you're not an infant, senior citizen, or someone with a suppressed immune system, you'll be fine regardless of what strain of flu you get.

It's peoples' stupid phobias that are making pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars... :roll:

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Knives. wrote:
Wrong f'ing website...

That being said, H1N1 is pretty much just a different strain of the flu (there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of strains of flu already out there).

As long as you're not an infant, senior citizen, or someone with a suppressed immune system, you'll be fine regardless of what strain of flu you get.

It's peoples' stupid phobias that are making pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars... :roll:

Try all the morons out there that say they are allergic to food and "gluten intollerant" ( which is a bunch of BS along with people that carry hand sterilizer 24/7) It ends up make thier immune systems even weaker ;p

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

CrazyChef wrote:Try all the morons out there that say they are allergic to food and "gluten intollerant" ( which is a bunch of BS along with people that carry hand sterilizer 24/7) It ends up make thier immune systems even weaker ;p
Hey my sister is allergic to gluten, don't know why you have the quotes around that as it's a real thing. She ignores it anyway and lives with the consequences.

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 pm

CrazyChef wrote:
Knives. wrote:
Wrong f'ing website...

Try all the morons out there that say they are allergic to food and "gluten intollerant" ( which is a bunch of BS along with people that carry hand sterilizer 24/7) It ends up make thier immune systems even weaker ;p
Lol...well, the hand sanitizer thing definitely annoys the crap out of me. Gluten intolerance, on the other hand, is actually a bit understandable. Gluten naturally is an irritant to your digestive tract, and some people are more sensitive to it than others. If you're too sensitive, it can damage the lining of your GI tract. And if that happens, your immune system starts to recognize gluten as a foreign substance and starts attacking your own body whenever you eat something containing it. This develops into an autoimmune disease, and people do suffer from it.

But there are a ton of health- related issues that people take way out of proportion. The media will make things worse simply because it'll benefit their ratings. And pharmaceutical companies will make things even worse because it's a huge profit for them to make millions of "H1N1" vaccines and sell them to brainwashed Americans. :roll:

And she shouldn't "ignore" it Thorin lol. It could get a lot more serious, and if she's extremely sensitive to it, it can develop into Colitis or Crohn's, in which case she'd have to either take immuno-suppressors for life, or get surgery. :roll:
Last edited by Knives. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeLewd

Post by JoeLewd » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm

CrazyChef wrote:
Knives. wrote:
Wrong f'ing website...

/agree

b-radk

Post by b-radk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:57 pm

poop

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 pm

i saw a doctor its official i have H1N1

i am the first sge player tht have it :P

i hope i wont die i am too young ..

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm

EWWW runs from sonix and his cooties..

The gluten issue: I understand people who are allergic to gluten ( less than .5 % of the worlds population) BUT... There is no such thing as a "intollerance" that was made up by a doctor with founding facts and has run rampid with people over diagnosing themselves just like ADHD.. may as well hand out baby cocaine to every teen to snort with thier freinds.

We get about 10% of the customers asking for gluten free food here, sorry but unless Maine is some hot spot for gluten. People need to realize the way allergies and immune systems work is as they are exposed to small doses of these irritants, you body becomes more tolerant of them.. hence allergy shots...

I just real tired of people making excuses and acting like they are special and are totally sterile enviorments.. then call me the next day saying " I think I got food poisoning" to which I respond " What did you have, when did the symptoms start and what are the isses?" To which I get " I started with thwe foie gras, then had scallops in a butter sauce and finished with the chocolate souffle.. i got home and a hour later i had the SHITS!"

WELL NO BBQ MORON! YOU JUST ATE 18 OUNCES OF BUTTER!

Sorry just venting .. I hate stupid people

duece

Post by duece » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 pm

LapidSocnix wrote:i saw a doctor its official i have H1N1

I beat you to it by like 2 months.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 am

I just real tired of people making excuses and acting like they are special and are totally sterile enviorments.. then call me the next day saying " I think I got food poisoning" to which I respond " What did you have, when did the symptoms start and what are the isses?" To which I get " I started with thwe foie gras, then had scallops in a butter sauce and finished with the chocolate souffle.. i got home and a hour later i had the SHITS!"

WELL NO BBQ MORON! YOU JUST ATE 18 OUNCES OF BUTTER!

Sorry just venting .. I hate stupid people
Hahaha that's priceless.

I also had the pig pox a couple months ago. I didn't get it nearly as bad my friend did. (He got it at the pax convention in Seattle.. the "nerd flu" you might have heard about haha)

I think the reason I didn't get it so bad was as soon as I realized I was getting it, I started eating garlic. Seriously, it helps: buy a couple bulbs of garlic, and get a garlic presser. Press a clove or two into a spoon and swallow it. Do this at least two times a day, and you'll get better a lot faster. Just don't chew the garlic, it helps to have some liquid to wash it down with real fast.

Fear-me

Post by Fear-me » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:48 pm

my gf had it :/

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:01 am

Health ministers here are suggesting that the virus will mutate over the winter and the so called cure "tami-flu" will be ineffective....

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:03 am

Chicboy wrote:Health ministers here are suggesting that the virus will mutate over the winter and the so called cure "tami-flu" will be ineffective....
If you bothered to read the news Chicboy you will know by now that it has already started.

Shame ...

But at the end of the day, the normal Influenza strain causes more deaths in a year, than H1N1 or Swine Flu ever will. Don't see what the panic is.

EDIT - I know H1N1 is the same thing as Swine flu, i was just referring to both names incase people were unsure.

MING

Post by MING » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 am

My cats breath smells of cat food.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 am

M2-Destroyer wrote:
Chicboy wrote:Health ministers here are suggesting that the virus will mutate over the winter and the so called cure "tami-flu" will be ineffective....
If you bothered to read the news Chicboy you will know by now that it has already started.

Shame ...

But at the end of the day, the normal Influenza strain causes more deaths in a year, than H1N1 or Swine Flu ever will. Don't see what the panic is.

EDIT - I know H1N1 is the same thing as Swine flu, i was just referring to both names incase people were unsure.
Really, name the new strain of the virus?

Overprophet

Post by Overprophet » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:09 am

Ironically, 150 people in my town has been diagnosed...the number of dead...zero...the number of dying...zero.

Interesting that my aura protects you from H1N1's negative effects... :shock:

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 am

well if i die i want to make a little war b4 tht i die :D like a 20v20 :D

Caia

Post by Caia » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Just yesterday I died of H1N1. No, really.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Chicboy wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:

Shame ...

Really, name the new strain of the virus?
I dunno .. i always have the tv, namely STV playing in the background and will all the 'Swine-Flu' this and 'Swine-Flu' that, i don't really pay too much attention.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Caia wrote:Just yesterday I died of H1N1. No, really.
Must be Mac-10? :lol:

CaptainKangaroo
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by CaptainKangaroo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:29 am

No Mac-10 died of a self inflicted gunshot wound, Not the swine flu

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 pm

LapidSocnix wrote:well if i die i want to make a little war b4 tht i die :D like a 20v20 :D

good to know that your most concerned about playing sge when faced with your final days :D

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 pm

nvm i wont die i saw another doctor and tht says tht the other was drunk when he told me tht i wil wont die will stay ALIVE!!!!!!!!! 8) :lol:

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:18 am

i have the swine flu, for like a month now. its not bad, but it never ends!

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:49 am

tekkamanblade wrote:i have the swine flu, for like a month now. its not bad, but it never ends!
If you're serious, go see a doctor. Flu should never last that long, assuming you have healthy immune system. Secondary infections can creep in while you have the flu -- any version of it, not just swine flu. Pnemonia (sp) is one such complication.

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 am

robotchicken wrote:
LapidSocnix wrote:i saw a doctor its official i have H1N1

I beat you to it by like 2 months.

Three months ago for me. I had two strains of swine flu, the seasonal flu, and a sinus infection all at the same time.

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:26 am

my 3 year old nephew had h1n1, and he is fine now. scared me though :S

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 am

Caia wrote:
tekkamanblade wrote:i have the swine flu, for like a month now. its not bad, but it never ends!
If you're serious, go see a doctor. Flu should never last that long, assuming you have healthy immune system. Secondary infections can creep in while you have the flu -- any version of it, not just swine flu. Pnemonia (sp) is one such complication.
what, for anti-virals? because a vaccine (weakend germs) doesn't do you any good if you already got tons of em stacked up in ur nose and lungs. i take mucinex and it clears me out pretty well.