No votes

Total votes: 18

awmalzo

any comments about this email?

Post by awmalzo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm

the email said:

Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 pm

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!!!

Havok

Post by Havok » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

wow, this guy is awesome. if only a US or British politician would have the balls to say that, i might have hope for the future

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Thats it, I'm moving to australia.

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Havok wrote:wow, this guy is awesome. if only a US or British politician would have the balls to say that, i might have hope for the future
/agree

Monkey

Post by Monkey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm

if only Obama said that ...

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Vermin wrote:Thats it, I'm moving to australia.
Oh yeah ...

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
Oh yeah ...

No really, I've been toying the idea for a while.

Maybe in a few years yes but eventually I plan on it.

Armor

Post by Armor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Wow, this guy is great. Gives me hope that the world is actually still sane.

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 am

once i can i think im gonna go to australia..... obama pisses me off too much, pro-choice nut, ill-experianced, logically-handicap man we elected president :/

atleast somewhere common sense is still alive, it must have died in the US government, only explanation for the stimulus package

meh by the time im old enough to move away ill aleady have the opportunity to vote obama out of office

considering the leader of a large country such as Australia has actually said this... maybe there is hope for the US and pretty much all of Europe to get it right... i hate political correctness and some people really take it too far, thank god for Prime Minister Kevin Rudd

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 am

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro wrote:i hate political correctness and some people really take it too far, thank god for Prime Minister Kevin Rudd

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:23 am

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro wrote:once i can i think im gonna go to australia..... obama pisses me off too much, pro-choice nut, ill-experianced, logically-handicap man we elected president :/

atleast somewhere common sense is still alive, it must have died in the US government, only explanation for the stimulus package

meh by the time im old enough to move away ill aleady have the opportunity to vote obama out of office

considering the leader of a large country such as Australia has actually said this... maybe there is hope for the US and pretty much all of Europe to get it right... i hate political correctness and some people really take it too far, thank god for Prime Minister Kevin Rudd
Obama is great. Obama might just save America. I wuv Obama :P

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 am

Armor wrote:
Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro wrote:once i can i think im gonna go to australia..... obama pisses me off too much, pro-choice nut, ill-experianced, logically-handicap man we elected president :/

great another follower of the obamanation, say hes the next FDR i dare you

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 am

i dnt like obama but i do like this guy he gives good speaches

akito

Post by akito » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 am

O baaa maaaaa ! O baaaa maaa!

stupid sheeple.

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 am

Humans are the strong willed infinitely superior hunter that strides along the forest floor spear in hand! Leaders, nations. All false, all are the way to weakness.

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 am

No, I believe all humans are equal, the weak died and rightfully so. Humans are the pinnacle of evolution.

Havok

Post by Havok » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 am

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro wrote:
Armor wrote:

though some still question the New Deal programs, at least FDR left us with marvels of engineering that we can still see today; such as the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, La Guardia Airport in NYC, Gran Coulee Dam in Washington State, and many other great projects. Dont expect any similar monuments to come out of this giant welfare bill they're passing off as 'stimulus' though, only projects we're going to see are full of pork, building worthless 'butterfly parks' in FL and other crap.

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 am

Havok wrote:
Armor wrote: Obama is great. Obama might just save America. I wuv Obama :P
though some still question the New Deal programs, at least FDR left us with marvels of engineering that we can still see today; such as the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, La Guardia Airport in NYC, Gran Coulee Dam in Washington State, and many other great projects. Dont expect any similar monuments to come out of this giant welfare bill they're passing off as 'stimulus' though, only projects we're going to see are full of pork, building worthless 'butterfly parks' in FL and other crap.
The point is it gives people work which is something people need at the moment. Then they can go out and buy stuff which gets the businesses back up, then they hire people again, and it all falls back into its happy little circle.

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 am

the New Deal hurt more than helped, wanna know how to pull us up outta this recession? a nice world war hows that sound everybody!!!

otherwise let the recession go through, it will bottom out and resurface like usual, this package is going to screw taxpayers over till way past i retire from my job, and im 14 i dont have a job yet, and the worst part is that all the cash is going towards everything democraps want

this caught my eye though

"$500 million for building and repairing NIH facilities in Bethesda, MD"
i really didnt even notice anything that really neaded repair in NIH last time i was there which wasnt that long ago, my dads a scientist in NIMH, besides the fact that in a few years they should declare NIH the first national city dedicated to research, i do believe building there is going to happen, im just wondering why this is going towards the buildings themselves... not hospital equiptment, not researching equiptment, i mean seriously if your going to wast 500 million shouldnt you atleast get somthing out off it, since this 500 mil is prolly just going to fund the demo of 1 building and construction of 2 more and another parking garage.

this one is also interesting

"$5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the VA "National Cemetery Administration""
energy initiatives at the national cemetery administration? im thinking the dead arent really using much electricity, what would they do with 5.5 mil as far as energy initiatives go...

and these last few actually made me feel sorry for the democraps wondering what went wrong in their heads

# $500,000 for dog parks - cause we all know we need them
# $4.5 million for butterfly gardens - um... i was pretty sure butterflies are self sustaining migrating creatures, i dont think we need to give people 4 and a half million dollars just to cage them up
# $6 million for water slides - every town in ammerica must have one! heres 6 mil tp prove it!
# $1 million for a frisbee golf course - notice course is singular, that honestly scares the BBQ out of me, how do you manage to spend a mil on A course?
# $20 million "for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers" - wtf
# $25 million to rehabilitate off-roading (ATV) trails - um doesnt trails contradict off-roading, go in the hugging woods theres your hugging atv trails, i dont think we need 25 mil to put up signs saying 'go that way'
# $1.2 billion for "youth activities" - wow thats really specific, 1.2 billion for it too...
# $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service - hold on, paid volunteers? am i the only one who sees somthing wrong there?

yep hope we can believe in :roll:

Armor wrote:
Havok wrote:
Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro wrote: great another follower of the obamanation, say hes the next FDR i dare you
The point is it gives people work which is something people need at the moment. Then they can go out and buy stuff which gets the businesses back up, then they hire people again, and it all falls back into its happy little circle.
first srry about the double post, 2nd,
yea it provides work. temporary work. not a job, just projects then bye bye, now what, your left with a massive bill that will take decades to pay off
Last edited by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 am

doublepost, arse can delete if he wants
Last edited by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 am

Armor wrote:
Havok wrote: though some still question the New Deal programs, at least FDR left us with marvels of engineering that we can still see today; such as the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, La Guardia Airport in NYC, Gran Coulee Dam in Washington State, and many other great projects. Dont expect any similar monuments to come out of this giant welfare bill they're passing off as 'stimulus' though, only projects we're going to see are full of pork, building worthless 'butterfly parks' in FL and other crap.
yea it provides work. temporary work. not a job, just projects then bye bye, now what, your left with a massive bill that will take decades to pay off
Pretty sure I just explained how the temporary jobs are supposed to work...

And anyway, as to your post above, just because *you're* told about "youth activities" doesn't mean there aren't more detailed distribution plans in place. :roll:

And anyway... $1,000,000 isn't really that much money. Have you *seen* a lotto jackpot lately? Have you ever even *been* to a country club? It costs far more than that to build a normal golf course....

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:04 am

Armor wrote:
Armor wrote: The point is it gives people work which is something people need at the moment. Then they can go out and buy stuff which gets the businesses back up, then they hire people again, and it all falls back into its happy little circle.

And anyway, as to your post above, just because *you're* told about "youth activities" doesn't mean there aren't more detailed distribution plans in place. :roll:

And anyway... $1,000,000 isn't really that much money. Have you *seen* a lotto jackpot lately? Have you ever even *been* to a country club? It costs far more than that to build a normal golf course....
are you trying to justify what congress is doing??? and no its not going to work like that, any cash that is made ends up being paid back in taxes, instead of the much smarter solution of tax cuts

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 am

Ah yes. Yet another excellent argument against democracy, this thread. :D

Although there's waaaay too many of them racist banter threads as argument. So they don't stand out anymore. :?

Grimoire

Post by Grimoire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 am

Vermin wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
Oh yeah ...

No really, I've been toying the idea for a while.

Maybe in a few years yes but eventually I plan on it.
I hope you don't like certain games, movies, music, if australia doesn't like it, they will make sure its edited. Also I hope you don't like your money or personal belongings because aussies are all born & bread criminals.

Okay the second part was just to spite those kiwi sucking aussie garbage BBQ's :twisted: . But the first part, back to that. Australia has different beliefs about what is right and wrong for its people, mainly in the area of censorship. If a game is too violent, it will be edited before being distributed, not sure of all the mediums this applies to. I would suspect if it affects games it would have to affect music and movies as well, but then again, if you don't mind censorship have at it. Just don't breed with the locals, you can catch wierd accents and criminal behaviorisms :oops: .

-nox-

Re: any comments about this email?

Post by -nox- » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 am

awmalzo wrote: Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..
If you tell someone to leave because of someone's believes (that of the Islamic Sharia) do you then:

"accept [their] beliefs, and will not question why"

as quoted below, or do you take away their freedom of religion? Hmm...

awmalzo wrote: Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
Well, can't say that's weird, I woudn't be happy if someone spied on me for my (lack of) religion. Let's look at the reasons he gives, because if you take away the right (freedom) of privacy, got to have one hell of a reason
awmalzo wrote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.
doesn't sound unreasonable, though it must be pointed out that in many cases immigrants are australians aswell (in Australia that is...). Australian = someone with the Australian nationality. Religion or culture doesn't matter in this case and accepted that these are the main arguments the sentence is obviously ill frased.
awmalzo wrote: I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '
weird to hear he's tired of people bothering if people are being offended, now I do not know much about Australian law, but I would think that (part of) offending is illegal (when it becomes discriminating etc.). As prime minister Rudd has a fairy easy way to solve it: make this 100% legal. hug laws against discrimination and there is your solution, what's he bothering about?
awmalzo wrote: 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

I thought people were forcefully deported to Australia by the English cause they were criminals? well anyway, this is a patriotic statement that doesn't care about the bad things ( what did they do to the nnative inhabitants?), but that's fine, whatever...
awmalzo wrote: 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

logical, though there is of course no way of forcing this (unless Rudd makes up a few laws).
awmalzo wrote: 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented
wait what? Most australians believe in god because christians founded the nation? The country i'm from was founded by christians, yet 54% of The Netherlands does not belong to a religious organisation. Weird how those things end up in speeches people read before they are said. I can't deny it is logical that there is a corelation here, but a causal relation is just plain rubbish
awmalzo wrote: appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
besides the question "who is us?" this seems appropiate if you the following:

that offending someone is never punishable according to the law

that school's and other governmental organisation should actively participate in religious acts and that separation between church and state (as exists in Australia) should not exist (in Australia)
awmalzo wrote: 'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
I gave my opinion about this earlier on. I do not think spying on people and forcing them out of the country is 'accepting'. But hey, I could be wrong...
awmalzo wrote: 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
who is us? and more importantly, what the hell is wrong with complaining? It's a national sport in The Netherlands (funnily enough people in The Netherlands complain the most but are also the most satisfied (at least the children are) ) , does that mean that if 'we' would move to Australia we would be spied upon and thrown out of the country? Or does the fact that we are largely (though not in majority) christian and (in majority) white protect us? I thought Australia left the whites only policy in the sixties, ah could be wrong...

(by the way, I think with 'us' the sir that wrote this means both 'Australians' and 'christian, Australian patriots'. very confusing...)
awmalzo wrote: 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
I do not know how serious this is and if this is actually said by prime minister Rudd, but if it is, it's a load of bull

Havok

Post by Havok » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Perhaps if there were muslims who actually opposed and decried ilk like osama bin laden, ahmadinejad, Hezbollah, Hamas and all terrorists and terrorist attacks, we would be more sympathetic to those who say theirs is a 'religion of peace'. Their silence on these issues however, seems to imply that they all silently agree with what the 'extremists' are doing.

If you look back into history, this isnt the first time islam has threatened to destroy the western world. The first invasion gave the muslims control of the iberian penisula, and the invasion continued into France until the early French, the Franks were able to defeat the Moorish forces at the Battle of Tours in 732. The Spanish Christians would spend the next 800 years trying to free themselves from Islamic rule in the Reconquista, which wouldnt end until 1492. The second attempt to wipe out the west came from the Ottoman Empire (modern day Turkey). Having long since destroyed and conquered the Christian Byzantine Empire, the Ottomans continued moving through the Balkans, and looked to expand their empire into northern Italy and southern Germany via Austria. At the siege of Vienna in 1529, however, The Austrians, with help from the Poles, were able to defeat the Ottoman forces and this marked the beginning of the decline of the Ottomans as the primary power in Renaissance Europe.

Long story short, Islam is not a religion of peace. It has tried to destroy Christianity and Western civilization in the past. Whats happening today is merely a fresh attempt by them to do so. By their own rhetoric, they see themselves as 'holy warriors' for God, that it is God's will that the world be brought to Islam, and that America is the 'Great Satan' that must be destroyed. [/i]

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Armor wrote:
Armor wrote: The point is it gives people work which is something people need at the moment. Then they can go out and buy stuff which gets the businesses back up, then they hire people again, and it all falls back into its happy little circle.

And anyway... $1,000,000 isn't really that much money. Have you *seen* a lotto jackpot lately? Have you ever even *been* to a country club
? It costs far more than that to build a normal golf course....[/quote

and anyway.... i dont play lotto, dont belong to a country club, i have better things to do with my money, like feed my children, cloth them, etc... I wish the govt. would see it the same way.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Havok wrote:Perhaps if there were muslims who actually opposed and decried ilk like osama bin laden, ahmadinejad, Hezbollah, Hamas and all terrorists and terrorist attacks, we would be more sympathetic to those who say theirs is a 'religion of peace'. Their silence on these issues however, seems to imply that they all silently agree with what the 'extremists' are doing.

If you look back into history, this isnt the first time islam has threatened to destroy the western world. The first invasion gave the muslims control of the iberian penisula, and the invasion continued into France until the early French, the Franks were able to defeat the Moorish forces at the Battle of Tours in 732. The Spanish Christians would spend the next 800 years trying to free themselves from Islamic rule in the Reconquista, which wouldnt end until 1492. The second attempt to wipe out the west came from the Ottoman Empire (modern day Turkey). Having long since destroyed and conquered the Christian Byzantine Empire, the Ottomans continued moving through the Balkans, and looked to expand their empire into northern Italy and southern Germany via Austria. At the siege of Vienna in 1529, however, The Austrians, with help from the Poles, were able to defeat the Ottoman forces and this marked the beginning of the decline of the Ottomans as the primary power in Renaissance Europe.

Long story short, Islam is not a religion of peace. It has tried to destroy Christianity and Western civilization in the past. Whats happening today is merely a fresh attempt by them to do so.
Wow... your ignorance is astounding. May I remind you of the crusades, or imperialism?

-------

I cannot believe the level of intolerance that I have seen from the starport community, a community that I may add spans much of the globe. You all need to step back for one second and put yourselves in the other persons position.

Lets for an instance say that you are Christian and you have lived in a Muslim country all of you life, you were born there, your parents were born there, your grandparents were probably born there. You have a house and family with children, and all of the sudden your new leader tells you, "you are a threat, you will be under surveillance, your children will be under surveillance, your wife will be under surveillance, and if you don't like that then you need to leave this country and go back to a country you have never been to, with a language you cannot speak, and which can neither guarantee your safety or its own."

And for those of you who say that no Muslim has ever spoke out against Osama bin laden or other terrorist groups, then you are wrong. You all watch the news of celebrations in the Muslim world after 911 but completely ignored the many protests against it, in the same way that an African man might assume that all americans are racist after seeing a KKK meeting being televised or a jewish man might assume that all americans are anti-semitic after watching a neo-nazi parade. I clearly remember CNN also broadcasting the protests AGAINST 911, but apparently I am the only one.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Havok wrote:Perhaps if there were muslims who actually opposed and decried ilk like osama bin laden, ahmadinejad, Hezbollah, Hamas and all terrorists and terrorist attacks, we would be more sympathetic to those who say theirs is a 'religion of peace'. Their silence on these issues however, seems to imply that they all silently agree with what the 'extremists' are doing.

Long story short, Islam is not a religion of peace. It has tried to destroy Christianity and Western civilization in the past. Whats happening today is merely a fresh attempt by them to do so. By their own rhetoric, they see themselves as 'holy warriors' for God, that it is God's will that the world be brought to Islam, and that America is the 'Great Satan' that must be destroyed. [/i]
This is a small explanation:

Muslim 1: "Dude! Apparently 't was Osama Bin Laden who ordered the attacks on the WTC."

Muslim 2: "Darn. What an chia pet."

Muslim 1: "You think we should... like do something? I mean, to prove to the world that we don't support that kind of stupidity."

Muslim 2: "Why should the two of us answer for a few idiots with whom we have nothing to do?"

Muslim 1: "Well, maybe the guys in the West are going to hold ALL Muslims responsible for what theose guys did."

Muslim 2: "Your lack of trust in the people who more or less invented scientific reason is shocking once again. There's no way they'll blame this on ALL of the Muslims."

Muslim 1: "You think so? I mean, I've heard that there's some uneducated fools who claim that the actions of governments in past and present are representative for actions of ALL indivudal Muslims. So maybe..."

Muslim 2: "That kind of thinking doesn't make any sense. Islam isn't a government, country or whatever. It's not in the least unified. It's a sorry attempt at encompassing a n immense amount of people (almost 1.3 BILLION), living in more than ten nations. Islam has existed for about 1400 years now and has been influenced by dozens if not hundreds of cultures in all that time. Islam means something different depending on where you are and who you talk to. Not a single enlightened Westerner will ever think of saying that all Muslims think the same or are the same. They know very well that if I kick a Puppy in the name of Barack Obama then Barack Obama isn't responsible for this action. So if I do something in the name of Islam, that doesn't make Islam responsible. Besides. How can something inanimate hold responsibility? It cant. Claiming this to be otherwise is impossible.

Muslim 1: "Yea, but history..."

Muslim 2: "Oh come on... Religion isn't the prime mvoer for anything. First there's economics then there's culture and then there's religion. Leaders use religion as tools. And it depends entirely on the level of education people have received whether or not they can resist the influence of those in power wielding religion. People in the West more than not are the recipients of first class education. They're bound to know these extremely simple facts."

Muslim 1: "I'm sure you're right... Darn. I was foolish not trusting them. After all, they're enlightened."

Muslim 2: "Exactly."