School days

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JuliusCaesar

School days

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Just a thread to post your thoughts on the first days of school you had this year.

Mine started today and effin SUCKS. Like 2 decent looking girls in ALL of my classes, and I know like 3 people at most in each class (except for Latin, which has pretty much stuck together since the sixth grade)

anyway, time for the theraputic relief of a sympathetic and caring community (wink wink), and don't hesitate to post worse stories that will make me feel better m'kay?

MadAce

Re: School days

Post by MadAce » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:23 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:time for the theraputic relief of a sympathetic and caring community
I work 8 hours a day (ish, mostly just 7.5, and then there's the 30 minute lunch break). I only get to work at 9:30, no questions asked.
The actual work used to be a full-time job, but since I know how to use a computer I made it a half-time job. Last week I had two days off, there was a paper jam in the copier, and no one could print or copy because I wasn't there to fix it. I'm considered an ICT-god. I have no formal education in the ICT field that I actually use. Officially my job has nothing to do with computers, printers or networks. I have some responsibility, but no more than I want.
I have 6 weeks leave a year and have a paid vacation. I also have extra health insurance, which is kinda redundant in my country and other benefits like getting paid for coming by bike (meh) or free public transport (which is faster than coming by car). Since I've only been working for 2 years wages are moderate (for a civil servant) but I get an automatic raise every six months. There are realistic prospects of promotion or interesting transfers if I feel like it. If I want to go to college or something I get days off to study.
80% of my co-workers are female, granted, a lot of them are over 35 (but they do have a lot of "experience") but there's still that 30% of the 80% that's rawrrrr. I have plenty of excuses to interact with them. The rooms where the copier is are pretty small. There are office parties at least monthly where all females get to drink liters of Belgian beer. Seems to do something about inhibitions, Belgian beer...

Of course I had to do something to get to this point. I went to five schools during my high school career. The longest in one school was 4 years, the shortest 4 hours. I spent the majority of my high school career sleeping in classes I already knew or sleeping in classes that didn't interest me (basically all of them). Some vodka usually got me trough the stress of the school days. I habitually skipped two months of school each year.
Of course slacking off like that was only tolerated to a limited degree. The hours that I was present and not asleep I spent chatting with some school counselors. They're nice, but a little thick on psychology. I was often suspended but because some teachers felt sorry for me I was given cool books to read as to not be bored while suspended. At one time I was suggested that if I knew everything so very well I might as well fill in for a sick teacher. I did, and not only taught my peers a thing or two about economics, but also about determinism (I had the hots for Laplace, as I developed the Laplace demon independently from him) and some basic facts about the cold war and nuclear war.
During detention (a fixed part of my day) I was tasked to write whatever that kept me busy during the hour. If there was a school news paper, then my creations from detention were published.

My estimation is that in all of my school days I studied a grand total of 18 hours.

I have no degree whatsoever.

In the selection for my current position I finished 12th out of 130 people. The other 11 probably wore a tie.

You have fun at school, kid.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 pm

if anyone's read the book, Madace remind me somewhat of Artemis Fowl here :lol:

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Madace is a screaming example of how school accomplishes nothing but a few nice words on your resume and some feeling of confidence

I think school is genuinely retarded, Teach me the basics, adding subtracting etc.

Give me the ability to read and write to some degree

And a little science, it should not take 18 years of my life from me, learning review and other bs i will forget in a matter of a week or so.

The teachers aren't even teachers anymore, their job is to read questions from a book, tell us on what page of a text book to find the answers, then quiz us later on how good our memory is in remembering those answers, and of course act all high and mighty as if they've accomplished something of remote value in their life, they're pathetic and sad nothing at all like how i hear old teachers used to be, teachers that actually knew the crap they taught instead of reading it from a book, and tried to teach you a little about life in every lesson instead of just doing what any modern day computer could accomplish with greater accuracy.

And i mean after all that stupid bbq, the eighteen years of my life or more i'd have to sacrifice to this pathetic place that is in no way something i believe in, i get to go to COLLEGE for however many MORE years of my life to be wasted, where they give you even more BBQ to memorize, so much so that instead of partying you have to have nightly Cram sessions and then write back the material to your professor purely out of memory.

AND AFTER THAT

If your lucky, you will get a few nice words from your teachers, and the name of some random college, and a degree, on a piece of paper, that is supposed to some up your entire life to some jackass that judges you from the moment you enter the room until retirement, and even if you do succeed in getting that particular jackass to accept you and your wonderful piece of paper with all your awesome accomplishments on it, your damned to a life of EVEN MORE WORK! just to stay alive, and ladies and gents, that all comes before the hardships of a family.

LIFE SUCKS and our society has made it that way with their stupid order of things.

PLAGUE

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks for the therapy!

I also would like to point out that as part of my summer work I had to "repsond" to several essays and short stories, one of which I picked was about how the Prussian style of schooling (I was surprised too but that is what it is) saps individualality, stagnates the thinking of youth, delays the progression of culture, and enriches the gap between wealthy and poor by providing amble vegetablized youths to work in factories, move boxes, push paper, etc.

I lol'd and wrote a glowing review, my AP lit teacher is going to love me :D

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm

despite my dislike for madace as a person, mainly because he's full of himself, i dont really have anything to say about him. he doesn't seem unintelligent. *watches as madace's head becomes 200% larger*

plague, on the other hand, has recently made himself the object of my criticism. though that's fairly irrelevant considering the stupidity of his post, who can resist, i mean really?

you can not compare yourself to madace or treat yourself as someone of equal intelligence because you clearly are not. what marketable skills do you have plague? what marketable skills are you learning plague? i find it hard to believe that madace couldnt find something worthwhile to learn in school, but idk if he could or not. but i KNOW that you could have learned the difference between "your" and "you're" by now, what is that.. 3rd grade? it matters because you're part of the world plague. because you're going to have to get a job plague. because how you present yourself to employers is important plague.

pay attention, make an effort to learn your own language and some skills that you can use later in life. i dont want to have to pay for your food and stupid doctor visits when you're older and jobless just because you're too lazy to put effort into school, and have thus convinced yourself that its a waste of your time.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm

AP lit, bleh, i hate english xD ( though ill probably end up taking that course for the credit :/ )

i had to read hardball by chris matthews for my AP gov class this summer. i took the test last week.. the teacher told us it would be fill in the blank.. where you had to fill in 1 out of the 100 names that were mentioned in the book xD .. i read well, i took good notes. and i laughed when the day of the test came, i left my book and notes at home, and she told us we could use our notes for the first 15 mins of the test. we havent gotten the grades, based on my answers i estimate i got about a 20 :P

then i had to read the scarlet letter for english. i skipped that one, used google to get the answers i needed and such, and wrote a paper in class about it.

the first day of school i was told about the scarlet letter paper i had to write for english, + the research paper we were starting immediately. i had to learn the locations of all the european, african, and asian countries for my online western civ course, though that didnt turn out to be as hard as i thought xD

and then theres my gov class, which gives out 1-1.5 hours a nite worth of notetaking/studying for the daily quizzes. it was a bit much for someone who hasnt had to study/do work at home before to take in. it has since gotten a lot easier though. but still more gov work than id like xD

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:58 pm

plague is actually remotely correct about the failings of our current school system.

I think 1st-8th grade is fine. It's just basic skills and knowledge that most people should at least have background on. Then in highschool you get tons of work on BBQ you won't even remember the next month. Part of this is that they give you so much BBQ (usually from at least 5 academic classes) you couldn't remember it all even if you wanted to or even cared about it.

I like the Spanish school system where after intermediate school, you sort of choose a career path in high school - the musical or practical arts, or science and math. This allows you to have received, as i mentioned above, a general background in all subjects, and an idea of what area you would like to go into in your future so you can decide which track you'd like to take, but doesn't overwhelm you with tons and tons of the same subjects over and over, and allows you to begin specializing in your area. After high school, you have narrowed down at least what field you want to be in, and then go to a university based on that field. You will still have comparatively simpler, brush-up courses on other subjects so you can still function in society.

In American high school, I think they need to teach more skills that prepare you for the real world, and strategies for future real life success. As PLAGUE said, making highschoolers memorize tons of crap that they will forget most of is pointless, especially when they could be doing much more important and relevant things to help them succeed in life.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 pm

-PLAGUE- wrote:Madace is a screaming example of how school accomplishes nothing but a few nice words on your resume and some feeling of confidence

I think school is genuinely retarded, Teach me the basics, adding subtracting etc.

Give me the ability to read and write to some degree

And a little science, it should not take 18 years of my life from me, learning review and other bs i will forget in a matter of a week or so.

The teachers aren't even teachers anymore, their job is to read questions from a book, tell us on what page of a text book to find the answers, then quiz us later on how good our memory is in remembering those answers, and of course act all high and mighty as if they've accomplished something of remote value in their life, they're pathetic and sad nothing at all like how i hear old teachers used to be, teachers that actually knew the crap they taught instead of reading it from a book, and tried to teach you a little about life in every lesson instead of just doing what any modern day computer could accomplish with greater accuracy.

And i mean after all that stupid bbq, the eighteen years of my life or more i'd have to sacrifice to this pathetic place that is in no way something i believe in, i get to go to COLLEGE for however many MORE years of my life to be wasted, where they give you even more BBQ to memorize, so much so that instead of partying you have to have nightly Cram sessions and then write back the material to your professor purely out of memory.

AND AFTER THAT

If your lucky, you will get a few nice words from your teachers, and the name of some random college, and a degree, on a piece of paper, that is supposed to some up your entire life to some jackass that judges you from the moment you enter the room until retirement, and even if you do succeed in getting that particular jackass to accept you and your wonderful piece of paper with all your awesome accomplishments on it, your damned to a life of EVEN MORE WORK! just to stay alive, and ladies and gents, that all comes before the hardships of a family.

LIFE SUCKS and our society has made it that way with their stupid order of things.

PLAGUE
IMHO education isn't bad at all. It's one of the great joys of life, to be honest.

But our educational systems? They're a sham. Designed in the 19th century to create human machines to serve in the industrial revolution. Completely obsolete in the age of information.
Does anyone actually believe that what kids learn in today's schools will prepare them for the next 50 years? Hah!

I envision a good educational system to teach you these things:

To read, and I mean books.
To be inquisitive. Simply to question everything. Even to question everything. The latter is often ignored by many self-declared rebels and progressives.
To think. It's an actual skill, logical reasoning. Something that requires a little discipline and knowledge about yourself.
To asses the value of information. In this day and age where all information is everywhere almost instantly, it's more important than ever to understand this.
Basic maths and statistics. Taught in a playful manner at an as young an age as possible. Perhaps some basic programming in kindergarten?
At least one extra language. To be taught as early as possible. More languages is more ways to think in. Might even result in more empathy for other cultures.
To set goals and strive for them. And I mean set own goals, not those of society.
Art. To learn how people think and communicate.
The discipline to learn new things for the rest of one's life.
To deal with people.
Most importantly: To teach yourself things. Look up information and train yourself.

I would hope I have at least 3 of those skills. And IMHO I learned them by ignoring the current school system. Only to thank to my rebellious nature. I've seen actually intelligent people (not the pretend intelligence that I sport) have the life sucked out of them by the system, and turn them into obedient worker drones.

GRAWRG. wrote:despite my dislike for madace as a person, mainly because he's full of himself, i dont really have anything to say about him. he doesn't seem unintelligent. *watches as madace's head becomes 200% larger*

plague, on the other hand, has recently made himself the object of my criticism. though that's fairly irrelevant considering the stupidity of his post, who can resist, i mean really?

you can not compare yourself to madace or treat yourself as someone of equal intelligence because you clearly are not. what marketable skills do you have plague? what marketable skills are you learning plague? i find it hard to believe that madace couldnt find something worthwhile to learn in school, but idk if he could or not. but i KNOW that you could have learned the difference between "your" and "you're" by now, what is that.. 3rd grade? it matters because you're part of the world plague. because you're going to have to get a job plague. because how you present yourself to employers is important plague.

pay attention, make an effort to learn your own language and some skills that you can use later in life. i dont want to have to pay for your food and stupid doctor visits when you're older and jobless just because you're too lazy to put effort into school, and have thus convinced yourself that its a waste of your time.
I'm not allowed to have my ego grow and larger, as I might start to attract black holes to the detriment of us all. ;) BTW, I found plenty of cool stuff to learn in school, but I learned it by myself.

You're a bit hard on him. He's still young. He's brain is literally not evolved enough to understand the consequences of his actions. Funny how people his age bare the burden of achieving for the rest of their lives...

Hell, they're even supposed to know what to do with the rest of their lives, while almost nothing has been introduced to them.
JuliusCaesar wrote:Thanks for the therapy!

I lol'd and wrote a glowing review, my AP lit teacher is going to love me :D
Unless he speaks German and wants the Deutsche Emperor restored. :shock:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:30 pm

im not all that happy with our school system. its overkill to have to learn .. 12 years of math? if you're going into a field that doesnt require math at all. some classes fail, some parts of our school system fail, but school as a whole doesnt. i dont know about plagues school, i know my old one didnt have the same options, but we have classes where everyones just on the computer taking different online courses. there are loads you can choose from, so surely theres something useful you can be learning.

i do think its kind of cruel that someone who wants to be an anthropologist or something has to learn higher level maths as a requirement to graduate HS. im not familiar with the spanish school system, but i think a mix of what you said and the german system sounds neat. standard schooling until intermediate level, then you choose which path ( in the german that means.. a varied number of years in school based on your career goal/intelligence? ) ie, people who are going to be cashiers get out of school when they're 16.

our school system could be a lot better :/ but that certainly doesnt mean it has nothing to offer and that you should say hug it and hug society 0.o

theres a difference in saying that our school system is flawed, and in saying that its useless.

btw madace, what slack does plague deserve from me when we're the same age?

edit: typo xD

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Dave34 wrote:High School is meaningless, their is to much going on in your life at that point (i.e. getting a job, driving, etc), and the only thing I learned in high school that I am currently applying in my real life is driving.
arent you still a teenager dave? what from highschool would you be applying in RL if you just got out of highschool? you dont have a good job yet that requires your knowledge from HS, and i take it your arent in college?

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Wow gwarg (I'm not trying to be patronizing here), you are very precocious, have you skipped a couple years? Friend of mine on my block was homeschooled, he's two years younger than me and in a higher level of math than me. Though socially he has a hard time carrying himself. Madace I am starting to understand your ego a bit, hell if I were in your position mine might be larger (than it already Is XD).

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:59 pm

i wish xD im capable of being social and making friends, and i do when its necessary. i generally choose not to though xD
and you didnt seem patronizing? 0.o

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 am

stuff you learn in HS will help in college 0.o
i havent been to college so the most i can say is any college courses you've taken in HS will help :P + english for sure.
not everyone needs to be in HS. some will take advantage of it and learn things they can use later in life. some people dont need to know anything from HS to live their life. frankly, i dont really care much about those people. the gov can make them stay in HS until they're 18 if it wants to. if theres ever a shortage of people willing to make me a cheeseburger for pay, i might start caring about future minimum wage employees wasting their time in HS.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 am

I went to school, A's and B's in every class, I particularly excelled in Science classes. Except for Geometry which I failed, because the teacher and I seemed to have disagreements about what a "proof" actually was... I got accepted into Mizzou by the end of my Jr. year (idk if Mizzou "accepts" people or takes them but what ever) I was then jewed out of 3 of my scholarships by some technicality I love puppies. I worked 2 jobs my sr. year so I could save money and not have to work the first couple years I was in college. I got addicted to stims and steroids so I could stay awake and work during school. Chronic bleeding forced me to go to the doctor where I learned I had to stop using stims. I then found out I wouldn't be getting my scholarships. So I used all of my money I had saved to go to college anyway. Half a year in my mother and father got in a car wreck, this in turn forced me back down here to take care of them. I am now able to leave and go back, but I do not have the means.

Enjoy 13 years of my life written in 30 seconds before i had to go to work at my dead end job :D

Daven

Post by Daven » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 am

well, first day of school i showed up an hour late, and didn't get bitched at or anything so that was nice :D 1 of my classes is loaded with friends, another is loaded with babes, then another is loaded with both :D then i got that one class i dislike, nobody i like is in and we have 1 girl who is butt ugly :( and the prices in the caf, which were extortionate last year, went up even more :evil: . not a bad first day, but not particularily good either. Also got 2 hours of homework

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:59 am

nine-breaker wrote:I went to school, A's and B's in every class, I particularly excelled in Science classes. Except for Geometry which I failed, because the teacher and I seemed to have disagreements about what a "proof" actually was... I got accepted into Mizzou by the end of my Jr. year (idk if Mizzou "accepts" people or takes them but what ever) I was then jewed out of 3 of my scholarships by some technicality I love puppies. I worked 2 jobs my sr. year so I could save money and not have to work the first couple years I was in college. I got addicted to stims and steroids so I could stay awake and work during school. Chronic bleeding forced me to go to the doctor where I learned I had to stop using stims. I then found out I wouldn't be getting my scholarships. So I used all of my money I had saved to go to college anyway. Half a year in my mother and father got in a car wreck, this in turn forced me back down here to take care of them. I am now able to leave and go back, but I do not have the means.

Enjoy 13 years of my life written in 30 seconds before i had to go to work at my dead end job :D
thanks this makes me feel better :D

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 am

While I suppose it would be useful for high school students to be able to tailor their classes more toward their interests, the fact of the matter is that a high school student usually has no clue what he/she's going to end up doing for a career. Getting a balanced education might be boring and filled with superfluous information that won't be retained, but having this broad base of knowledge will allow you to be flexible when you *inevitably* switch career paths (or majors).

I don't know about you guys, but I switched majors 3 times in college. Not just minor switches either.

I started in engineering (which my 12 years of math would have helped me succeed had I not sucked at physics), switched to psychology (biology, chemistry in high school were applicable to this field), and ended up in marketing (a little of everything).

I feel that my most valuable knowledge gained in high school was learning how to write proficiently. This doesn't get taught in college, and it very important in many career disciplines. I applaud Grawrg for grueling through AP lit. Was the most useful class I had.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 am

GRAWRG. wrote: our school system could be a lot better :/ but that certainly doesnt mean it has nothing to offer and that you should say hug it and hug society 0.o

theres a difference in saying that our school system is flawed, and in saying that its useless.

btw madace, what slack does plague deserve from me when we're the same age?
Mental age =/= physical age.

Of course school has a point.

But if someone turns out to be a critical, responsible, auto-didactic adult then it's despite the school system, not because of it.
GRAWRG. wrote:
I am 18, I graduated last year. And what I am saying is, College is the real education, High School is just a buffer to keep teenagers off the streets so they don't bother the old people.
That shouldn't be the case. The younger someone is, the easier they have it learning something.
nine-breaker wrote:I went to school, A's and B's in every class, I particularly excelled in Science classes. Except for Geometry which I failed, because the teacher and I seemed to have disagreements about what a "proof" actually was... I got accepted into Mizzou by the end of my Jr. year (idk if Mizzou "accepts" people or takes them but what ever) I was then jewed out of 3 of my scholarships by some technicality I love puppies. I worked 2 jobs my sr. year so I could save money and not have to work the first couple years I was in college. I got addicted to stims and steroids so I could stay awake and work during school. Chronic bleeding forced me to go to the doctor where I learned I had to stop using stims. I then found out I wouldn't be getting my scholarships. So I used all of my money I had saved to go to college anyway. Half a year in my mother and father got in a car wreck, this in turn forced me back down here to take care of them. I am now able to leave and go back, but I do not have the means.

Wow, tough. But on the other hand you understand addiction now. I'd say it's quite useful to know the limits of the human mind. Too many people think addiction is nothing but weakness and refuse to believe it is a disease.

BTW, there is no such thing as a dead end job, IF you have some energy left at the end of the day or in weekends to teach yourself stuff.
Last edited by MadAce on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:57 am

GRWARG

You know what, I'm not going to reply to you, a certain god by the name of McGrod has shown me that simply telling you I will no longer be a part of your petty arguments and insults, is a more affective means of dealing with you.

So I won't reply to anything else you say that concerns me in anyway, feel free to rant on about my apparent lack of IQ, or my supposed adolescent mind, I am above arguing with you any longer.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:58 am

-PLAGUE- wrote:GRWARG

I'm not going to reply to you,
You just did.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:13 pm

MadAce wrote:
-PLAGUE- wrote:GRWARG

I'm not going to reply to you,
You just did.
:lol:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:01 pm

MadAce wrote:
Dave34 wrote:
GRAWRG. wrote:
I am 18, I graduated last year. And what I am saying is, College is the real education, High School is just a buffer to keep teenagers off the streets so they don't bother the old people.
That shouldn't be the case. The younger someone is, the easier they have it learning something.

Wow, tough. But on the other hand you understand addiction now. I'd say it's quite useful to know the limits of the human mind. Too many people think addiction is nothing but weakness and refuse to believe it is a disease.

BTW, there is no such thing as a dead end job, IF you have some energy left at the end of the day or in weekends to teach yourself stuff.
very interesting, im not sure what you were trying to do with the odd fake quote of mine that dave quoted that you quoted? seemed like randomness xD

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:20 pm

-PLAGUE- wrote:GRAWRG

You know what? I'm not going to reply to you. A certain god by the name of McGrod has shown (told? unless mcgrod has told me before what you're telling me now and you learned from it) me that simply telling you I will no longer be a part of your petty arguments and insults (btw theres nothing you can do to keep yourself out of my insults)[delete comma] is a more affective means of dealing with you.

So I won't reply to anything else you say that concerns me in any[space]way. Feel free to rant on about my apparent lack of IQ[delete comma] or my supposed adolescent mind. I am above arguing with you any longer.
there are a few wordings that dont sit well with me. i think im just weird though. " Feel free to continue ranting about my apparent lack of intelligence or my supposedly adolescent mind. " is how i would have worded that. yours just sounded a bit odd to me :/

and i think you mean a more effective way of dealing with me.

english most certainly is not my subject, so its likely i failed a bit in correcting you. but overall i think the punctuation was improved. bear in mind that i try to avoid correcting peoples personal typing styles. however, you were clearly trying to type in a formal manner in an attempt to appear superior.

word processor can only get you so far plague.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:
very interesting, im not sure what you were trying to do with the odd fake quote of mine that dave quoted that you quoted? seemed like randomness xD
More like madness. :shock: (Or Sparta)

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm

I am very proficient in terms of eloquence, but it had very little to do with my schooling in English classes. I had one useful course on grammar in eigth grade, everything else was reading and bullshitting about it. I mean, do you know what a Zeugma is? Because I am supposed to rofl.

I love reading and often do so in with a variety of genres, whether it be sci fi, historical accounts, or political non fiction. It is through reading I developed this skill, on my own. While school does offer some texts which give me more to work with, everything else tends to be extraneous. But not everyone reads as much as I do, so I understand the need to ram this crap down everyone's throats. (another issue with the system as it is)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 pm

i dont really think i learned much in english either, meh.
and i meant to correct.. madace i think it was? i havent taken AP lit, JC is taking it atm though.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:39 am

GRAWRG. wrote:
-PLAGUE- wrote:GRAWRG

You know what? I'm not going to reply to you. A certain god by the name of McGrod has shown (told? unless mcgrod has told me before what you're telling me now and you learned from it) me that simply telling you I will no longer be a part of your petty arguments and insults (btw theres nothing you can do to keep yourself out of my insults)[delete comma] is a more affective means of dealing with you.

So I won't reply to anything else you say that concerns me in any[space]way. Feel free to rant on about my apparent lack of IQ[delete comma] or my supposed adolescent mind. I am above arguing with you any longer.
there are a few wordings that dont sit well with me. i think im just weird though. " Feel free to continue ranting about my apparent lack of intelligence or my supposedly adolescent mind. " is how i would have worded that. yours just sounded a bit odd to me :/

and i think you mean a more effective way of dealing with me.

english most certainly is not my subject, so its likely i failed a bit in correcting you. but overall i think the punctuation was improved. bear in mind that i try to avoid correcting peoples personal typing styles. however, you were clearly trying to type in a formal manner in an attempt to appear superior.

word processor can only get you so far plague.
Aha, I make a statement you can't respond to and you botch it with insulting my grammar, smooth.

Have a nice life.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:22 am

-PLAGUE- wrote:
Aha, I make a statement you can't respond to and you botch it with insulting my grammar, smooth.

Have a nice life.
didnt you say you were going to shut up? the "im above this" thing doesnt work if you put yourself back in the argument just after you say you're going to stay out...

i responded to it as much as any person could, pointed out the ridiculousness of you and your post, and hoped it would be enough for you to respond and make a bigger idiot of yourself. it worked.

have a nice life? kk thanks :)

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:41 am

because of grawrg and plague and using them as an example of school kids nowadays i'm starting a campaign to bring back corporal punishment