Artifact locations

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Luna

Artifact locations

Post by Luna » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 am

Can you please just put the link for the arti locations instead of printing out the system name, and make them clickable? I can't tell you how many times I've misspelled the system name when typing it and then closed the screen and not had the right location.

Example: I've heard there was a shipwreck at (555,121) instead of ...epsilon nevergonnafindthis IIIb

0mega

Re: Artifact locations

Post by 0mega » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 pm

LMFAO that's a good one luna and I agree with that

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 am

type the system name in radio or /c or whatever, then try to search for the system... ive never misspelled while doing this

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:06 am

I've typed them in /c before but frankly if you type it wrong, having it in /c isn't going to help you at all. If you could copy/paste from the merchant window into your chat bar, then nothing could go wrong. You can't copy/paste from there though.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:03 pm

I think it should remain the way it's been, I can't say how many times I've put the wrong system name in and gone looking for a artifact that isn't there. in the beginning I was so dumb I didn't even realize to count the rings.....used to go and look on every single planet in the systems...and ya those gas giants are slow as hell :)

You need to do /where {system name} and the coordinates come right up, I used to write them down along with how many rings out they are in case I forgot or was disconnected.

Sorry but too many silly requests have been granted to appease players that don't want to bother learning or take the time that us vets did to learn all the tricks of the game. It should remain mandatory that artifacts are not easy to find, they are very special in the game and should be treated like a gift not a entitlement.

The standards of the current generation of players has already been lowered to that of a 5 year old. Skill is learned and respected and should not be handed out. We all had to do the work to get where we are, the new players should have to work just as hard.