Just a few thoughts

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

NightgraderP6

Just a few thoughts

Post by NightgraderP6 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Toonces with the up coming release of the new planet map generator, i really hope that you will release it as a two week rebang and not a perma for the purpose of beta testing it.

Dex Bolts are a joke now. With the changes to Dex they just are not worth buying now. Why not remove them from dex? Perhaps call them power bolts instead, and give a flat increase of 15 to 20 points each to speed, turn, thrust and regen. I say this because Dex bolts are a purchased item and it should be a stable set bonus. Not variable depending on how dex stats are set at the moment.

And Mods.... While I do like like mods, there is room for improvement here. First off remove primary weapons and scanners from the mod picks. Then drop the number of mods from the current 8 slots to just 4 slots. I honestly think this would help to bring back some balance to the game, and maybe even (dare I say it) promote the learning of some skill !!! :shock:

Nightgrader

GuardianDragon

Re: Just a few thoughts

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

maybe I'm not the one to answer this...but I'll at least give my option.
beta testing...you obviously don't play blitz.
I think changing the dex dolts to "power bolts" would if anything cause a greater imbalance. You know your fighting someone with the bolt for extra speed you know that running is a waste because they have far superior speed. that's balance? The dex is only being changed so much (I think) is because we're still trying to find the midpoint for where the dex is good but not overpowered or underpowered compared to the other stats in any situation. I've already given the /idea of mods/artifacts to do what your talking about.
The game isn't all about skill (in case you haven't already noticed), it's also about creativity (if you see me play on blitz, I play with a combination of skill and the strangest tactics...that work(most of the time)). If you want to play with skill go to a stock mod server. and why in the world would you ever remove the scanners and PRIMARY weapon for any occasion? lol... :/ . It doesn't seem like you've tried a stock mod server. I think you should consider it, try "Golden Age". "Far Travelers" is also a stock mod server, but the planet warps are different. gl, have fun

I don't want to be mean, so I want to say thank you for thinking about improvement! :)

NightgraderP6

Post by NightgraderP6 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Thank You for your reply Latias. But I think you misunderstood what I was saying. So Allow me to clarify a few things a bit better.

You are right about me not playing blitz. I played it a few times back when it first came out, but it was not my cup o' tea so to say. But there are differences between Blitz and a Perma. That is why I suggested a rebang, as they are more similar to one another. But this is no longer a issue.

As for the bolts. A 15-20 point increase is by no means "superior". My current stats ((pre-bolt) Mod) : Speed = 510, Turn = 114, Thrust = 407, Regen = 240. Other than perhaps turn, this would be a mild upgrade. One that is being "Paid" for. As for Stock servers, I'm pretty sure this would still be a mild upgrade. Bolts current give a +2 dex bonus. Which on a mod server = +1 turn, +5 Thrust and +2 Regen. Far less than a stock server +2 dex.

When I say remove primary weapons and scanners from mod picks, I don't mean get rid of them. They should be separate from mods. Thus you have two slots that can only be used for a primary weapon and/or scanner/secondary weapon (not to include special weapons). Ending the 8 flight/plate BS.

Nightgrader

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Sat May 05, 2012 7:41 pm

yea that clarifies a lot.
Do you think there should be a bolt thing for each stat all the time? It just kind of makes me think, oh, this season is the thruster season :P And if it doesn't give enough bonus, then people won't buy it :/ guess it's a bit hard to tell unless we try it.

Well, there are times were 8 platings really help. And you might want 8 flight to get somewhere...so I don't think we should get rid of that. Toonces has recently been changing the power of the mods and weapons to make it balanced. hopefully it'll be enough?

NightgraderP6

Post by NightgraderP6 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:38 pm

After giving the context of my previous post some thought, and looking at current mods and artifacts. I think the following would be good for bolts if removed from dex. and assuming that Toonces would be nice enough to add speed to it.

Speed +6
Turn +3
Thrust +8
Regen +4

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sun May 13, 2012 1:51 am

OR dex bolts could increase charisma or wisdom instead, like having +2 wisdom OR +2 charisma