Server-Cluster system

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

Server-Cluster system

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:50 pm

This is a new server idea, to have real clusters of systems.
The server is going to be huge. There would be the usual large cluster of systems around sol. This cluster compared to other servers is probably half the size of a medium sized server. There are random black holes through out the server. There are other clusters of systems with no way to get to them, except by going through a black hole. When you go through a black hole you go to a system where there is another black hole, almost like a normal warp, except that it's not recorded on the warp map and it is the absolutely only way to get into that cluster of systems....and, well it doesn't use warp fuel lol. Some black holes will be used for this purpose, but there should also be some black holes that warp you around the main cluster of systems (the cluster sol is in).

For a more specific number of systems, the Sol cluster would have 50-100 systems? somewhere around there. Every sub cluster has about 10-15 systems. Also, Every cluster that has a base other than sol (like Freeside) would have a larger cluster like 20-35 systems.

Each cluster would have it's won name, like how every planet in a system has the same location, every system in a location will have it's own kind of name, lets say, the Orion cluster.

This complex server came to mind when I thought about wars while flying through warps on our newest server "The Far Travelers". This server would be a good way to have a war, like that cluster of systems is your territory, you can own a cluster here and put defenses around it, during the wars it will be a different battle, with only one way into a cluster.

I'd have the fog of war effect on this server, I just think it would add excitement and wonder, and give you more of a feeling that there are always new places to explore.

Just another idea, enjoy imagining the possibilities! :D