Idea for Builders

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GRAWRG.

Idea for Builders

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:13 pm

there was a fairly recent patch to help invaders (not the huge mass, im talking about the port buttons)... so i think there should be one for builders. also, i want this anyway.

i would like... for there to be an option or something where you select one resource. and theres a button assigned to pick up max holds of that resource whenever you push it (be it on a planet, or in port). invaders get to save time by not moving sliders on shields, and negs. builders should be able to save time by not moving sliders for resources.

this idea probably wont get loads of support, because idk how many hardcore builders there are around atm. but im starting to build again, and i know that this would save me a lot of time.

remember folks, faster building means more colonies to invade!

omlow

Re: Idea for Builders

Post by omlow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 pm

perhaps if you double click on the resource you want it will automatically buy maximum holds of that resource :?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm

omlow wrote:perhaps if you double click on the resource you want it will automatically buy maximum holds of that resource :?

This.

Good idea grawrg.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 pm

i feel like im getting carpel tunnel.

that isnt quite what i had in mind omlow, i feel like that takes nearly as much effort. i was thinking that there could be a button - just one - for picking up/buying the max amount of a resource. you choose which resource from a drop down.. on the col? in the port? in your options? maybe on col AND in port? idk. but that way, once you enter port or col, it's one button and you're done. whereas right now, it's clicking on ref or merchant, then finding and selecting your resource, then max, then buy, then leave. and with omlows idea, it's still clicking on ref or mechant, locating your resource, double clicking, then leaving.

i wanna enter, press button, and be done.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Building-boost ideas (easy fixes):

reduce all building resource costs by 50%

reduce rushing costs 20%

increase colony cash-maximum to 12-15 mil

reduce all weapon costs by 25% of each resource

increase weapon construction speed by 20%

(Experimental Ideas:)

+2-5% metal harvesting bonus to each planet, per friendly colony in system (dependent on the server, some have more planets in systems than others)

New defense turrets (very risky to invading balance)

Uber-cool new building ideas:

Ship construction yard (non-planet specific): builds ships at a LARGE cash & resource cost (costs a ton to build the building as well obviously), can construct performance modules or weapon modules as well, stores up to 4 ships and 32 modules

Ship hangar (non planet specific): mini ship construction yard. Much cheaper than the construction yard, allows players to STORE up to 2 ships and 16 mods/weapons, no construction capabilities.

Spicemine 2.0: greatly boosts oil & medicine production (in addition to past bonuses)

Lava Mill 2.0: uranium costs for weapons are a 1/3 of normal, weapon production bonus is increased by 1/3

Ion Tower 2.0: generates static on the colony's minimap, the closer the player gets to the dome, the more static. OR~ produces an erratic gravitational field, pulling the player in for 2-4 seconds, pushing the next 2-4 seconds (moderate gravity strength, not too big not too small, needs balancing obviously)

Missile complex (non planet specific): decreases nuke costs by 10 uranium, 10 equipment, decreases negotiator cost by 5 equipment. Increases maximum nuke/neg capacity to 650.

Entertainment industry: any entertainment constructed on a planet not only adds to that planet's morale, but all others in system as well. (Ok this might be a tad unbalanced, maybe 20% of the entertainment applies to others? great for zounds colonies. Effects stack up to a 50% total bonus)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 am

make your own topic bro. this is about one specific idea to keep me from getting carpel tunnel... as soon...

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:26 am

GRAWRG. wrote:make your own topic bro. this is about one specific idea to keep me from getting carpel tunnel... as soon...
xD

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:30 am

bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 pm

jc you're a baby duck.

bump.
Last edited by GRAWRG. on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:41 pm

believe me im not at all cute or cuddly as that statement would imply.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:59 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:believe me im not at all cute or cuddly as that statement would imply.
I believe you.

:lol: :lol:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:40 am

Being mistaken for a sadist/rape-fetishist made me realize that :lol:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:31 am

f.ag = baby duck

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 am

I'm gonna drop another suggestion. Something i find horribly annoying. But i haven't seen a post, or maybe i'm too lazy to read :P

With the sliders. I find them horribly annoying to tweak. Maybe have a feature to directly input the value you want. Like a box of something next to the slider.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 am

avitohol wrote:I'm gonna drop another suggestion. Something i find horribly annoying. But i haven't seen a post, or maybe i'm too lazy to read :P

With the sliders. I find them horribly annoying to tweak. Maybe have a feature to directly input the value you want. Like a box of something next to the slider.
oh hell yes I've been pining for that ever since I started spending 2/3 minutes + trying to change a slider by 1%

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 am

Oh and here is a link to the other idea thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20570

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

Okay, getting this BBQ back on topic ...

I like the ORIGINAL IDEA as posted by GRAWRG :) Buttons would help ^^ A lot ^^