On Speedstars...

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Speedstar and Merchant Cruiser Swap Special's?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 9

Mel'Kaven

On Speedstars...

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 am

Given the name, people would assume that the speedstar is fast. It is, dont get me wrong, but I believe it deserves the afterburners. The Merchant Cruiser and the Speedstar should switch special's. Speedstar should have the afterburners and the merch freighter would have Anti-Grav-Bombs. The Speedstar needs to be worth something, typically that is fuel but in something like Blitz it really doesn't matter...

For the sake of blitz, I think these weapons should be swapped.

Who agrees?

duece

Re: On Speedstars...

Post by duece » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

I'd like to know what the reason for the two no votes are. There's not really any downside to this.

Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I just voted no, 'cause without ABs the cruiser would be really useless, atleast with afterburners it can taxi and explore reasonably well which is nice for the starter ship. What about leave the weapons and just give the speedstar a boost to its basic speed? make it the same as ISC speed. Also make the anti-grav bomb work better

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Bladerunner wrote:I just voted no, 'cause without ABs the cruiser would be really useless, atleast with afterburners it can taxi and explore reasonably well which is nice for the starter ship. What about leave the weapons and just give the speedstar a boost to its basic speed? make it the same as ISC speed. Also make the anti-grav bomb work better

I kinda think the starting ship should be useless. And what purposal do you have in making the anti-grav bombs better?

Drifter101

Post by Drifter101 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I would say Anti grav bomb should knock the enemy back like half way across the system, last time I check it just seems to knock a ship back something like 5 ship lenghts, which is quite feeble, especially as its not easy scoring a hit with it.

edit: sry bladerunner is me was checking my other forum account for first time in x years, (havent used drifters vote :P )