new contractor status

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

new contractor status

Post by feenix » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 pm

ok i think we should have a new contractor status system..

what my idea is, is when for example when 2 corps (or more) are allied, then the ceo can cs with the other corp ceo and this would be the same has the current cs system except only a ceo can cancel this cs. and the 2 corp could land on each others cols and allow them to fight each other but also prevent a corper from a allied corp to invade one another.

the reason why i bring this up is because i am allied with the current top corp (united) and even tho i am csed to them, a player which is in that corp was able to invade me as if the cs wasn't there, the reason why i believe this happened is because the cs only affects the plp csed and not the whole corp, which is why i think we need another one which only th ceo would do and it would affect everyone in the corp

the upside: no accidental of invasion on friends.

the downside: only a ceo can create this and cancel this

balanced enough?

Cheesy

Re: new contractor status

Post by Cheesy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm

feenix wrote:ok i think we should have a new contractor status system..

what my idea is, is when for example when 2 corps (or more) are allied, then the ceo can cs with the other corp ceo and this would be the same has the current cs system except only a ceo can cancel this cs. and the 2 corp could land on each others cols and allow them to fight each other but also prevent a corper from a allied corp to invade one another.

the reason why i bring this up is because i am allied with the current top corp (united) and even tho i am csed to them, a player which is in that corp was able to invade me as if the cs wasn't there, the reason why i believe this happened is because the cs only affects the plp csed and not the whole corp, which is why i think we need another one which only th ceo would do and it would affect everyone in the corp

the upside: no accidental of invasion on friends.

the downside: only a ceo can create this and cancel this

balanced enough?
this is the way it should be, theres too many glitches in the current system

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 am

/agree, toonce, can you do it???? 8)

Draze

Post by Draze » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 am

Yea it really would be helpfull.

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 am

But betrayal is a fun part of a game, accidental or not.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:29 pm

there could always be betrayal but it would be the ceo not the corpers fault

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 am

true, thus, war could only be started by prez. (CEO) and the secretaries of whatever(corpies) cant.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:01 am

So you are suggesting that there be a way to ally corporations together. The current system is for individuals more or less, and not a corp-wide thing.

Personally I am not a fan of this idea as it would further negate the purpose of corp size limits.

DefJam

Post by DefJam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 am

i too AGREE with this post and am bumping it ...theres to much individualism in contracts.. make it hard for ceo's to maintain order ..contracts should be discussed as a corp and made by ceo's ..mabye 2 contracts per corp or somthing..but from ceo to ceo

it took me 3 days to contract to a corp we are subcontracting to and neither of us could figure out why ..finally we just wiped all our contracts and started anew or started fresh ..clean slate

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 am

MastrIan wrote:So you are suggesting that there be a way to ally corporations together. The current system is for individuals more or less, and not a corp-wide thing.

Personally I am not a fan of this idea as it would further negate the purpose of corp size limits.

TheDestroyer

Post by TheDestroyer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:31 am

Code: Select all

/**
@param Name of corporation receiving/losing the contract
@param Name of corporation giving/taking the contract
@param If true removes any current contracts w/ that corp, if false adds corp wide contract
@return Did it work?
**/
public boolean contractCorp(String contractee, String contractor, boolean removeContract) {
if(removeContract) {
contractee.removeCorpContract(contractor);
if(contractee.getCorpContracts.contains(contractor)) {
return false;
}
else {
return true;
}
}
else {
contractee.addCorpContract(contracter);
if(contractee.getCorpContracts.contains(contractor)) {
return true;
}
else {
return false;
}

}
}
I know, I know. Sloppy and it is in Java and it is guessing at the properties of contracts, but that is how the button would work. Just a few properties to add to the contractee instance and it is done. Just translate to the language the game uses and it should work failry well.

(this is a yes, do it! btw)

(this is also an "this would only take a few minutes to do so do it" nudge to Toonces)