Vote extra powers for emperors?

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Top ranked captains get special abilities?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 158

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Shouldn't it be the other way around, giving more abilities to civilians rather than the emperors? :roll:

The idea of giving someone more capabilities is to help them out...I'm pretty sure someone who is an emperor "should" have attained a pretty good handle on the game already.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:42 pm

Knives. wrote:Shouldn't it be the other way around, giving more abilities to civilians rather than the emperors? :roll:

The idea of giving someone more capabilities is to help them out...I'm pretty sure someone who is an emperor "should" have attained a pretty good handle on the game already.
after working so hard to reach emperor, he was then penalized for all the work he has done, and the civilians who havent done anything get all these bonuses he was sposed to get

thats what you want?

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Cheesy wrote:
Knives. wrote:Shouldn't it be the other way around, giving more abilities to civilians rather than the emperors? :roll:

after working so hard to reach emperor, he was then penalized for all the work he has done, and the civilians who havent done anything get all these bonuses he was sposed to get

thats what you want?
No dude, I never said emperors should be penalized at all, but I don't think they should be given any bonuses either.

My point is, if they have to give out bonuses, I'd rather have these bonuses given out to civilians(or the lower ranking players) than emperors. It gives them an edge when they start out, so they can at least somewhat compete with those who have been playing on the server for a while.

Besides, there are more than enough exp whores around....

Emperors + Bonuses= More exp whores.

Now it would be A LOT more interesting if these bonuses were dependent on rep, and varied from positive rep to negative rep. :wink:

Michael2

Post by Michael2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:34 pm

What ..

A bit like Whitenova (Blacknova) on 11th?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am

Knives. wrote:
Cheesy wrote:

thats what you want?
No dude, I never said emperors should be penalized at all, but I don't think they should be given any bonuses either.

My point is, if they have to give out bonuses, I'd rather have these bonuses given out to civilians(or the lower ranking players) than emperors. It gives them an edge when they start out, so they can at least somewhat compete with those who have been playing on the server for a while.

Now it would be A LOT more interesting if these bonuses were dependent on rep, and varied from positive rep to negative rep. :wink:
then give the emperor a bonus that wont effect gameplay, and civilians one that will effect game play. Emperors should be able to toggle the color of their text with /red, /blue, /green, etc. then give civilians to sergents get a 30 second emergancy sheild that cant be penetrated for that 30 seconds, giving them the chance to escape, alt e

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 pm

u should make it harder for emperors

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:42 pm

Reaper5669 wrote:u should make it harder for emperors
no, and for the millionth and second time why, heres a lil story 4 u

after working so hard to reach emperor, bob the emperor was then penalized for all the work he has done to get there, pointlessly and stupidly

i hope u got the message

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:25 am

Knives. wrote:
Cheesy wrote:

thats what you want?

Most civvies are not newbs.
i just Re-joined an undisclosed server and im a civvie under an alias. i managed to get 50 mill just from asking. and killed some goof that gave me a large chunk of that after i shipped up inna CEO with 16 lasers. :)

all in all took me 15 minutes.

id prefer emps get any bonus as its too easy for anyone just starting to get a ship and exploit their LOW ranking.

how about emps get FREE U.N. hotline updates from the police.

D.O.'s can already rob ports to ungodly amounts which relates directly to their XP.
what do +rep high xp guys get as a bonus? the isc? and after that?

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

im just saying that they already have a bigger advantage adding more advantages for them will only make it harder for new players they already have hundreds of colonys/weapons/exp what more do they need?

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes plz, the more power the better! 8)

Havok

Post by Havok » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:06 am

like the ideas about emperors getting a unique ship, and also the one of expanding their bank account capacity :D

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:12 am

make all emperors nukes shoot randomly to the right or left of the target.

top ten?

nah ahh

Vic

Post by Vic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Idea: Emperor Dome, a biodome available only to emperors perhaps through the admirals club for say 5k tokens.
This dome when placed on a planet would allow placement of a second dome creating a DD (double dome colony).
However an emperor can only purchase 1 each time they attain the rank of emperor.
An alternative to that would be that the emperor dome can support two solar cannons.
Either way i think it makes sense that an emperor would have the ability to build a more powerful colony than a lesser ranked player.
I appreciate any comments u have regarding this idea,good or bad lol

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:09 pm

How about make the rank of emperor HARDER? :P so it's hard to keep it, and it really has value.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:15 pm

ability to change chat color in chatbox!!! emps need sum lil non game play affecting thing like that! mwahaha

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:16 am

Indeed. red white and blue?

jejeje...

No, should be sky blue, white, sky blue letters:P

look at the colors: is Argetina flag...

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:13 pm

or all the colors that u can get in the quote box... but stream line ot so its easier 2 type, like color boxes on the top bar of the chat bar that can be toggled

squeemish

/decree

Post by squeemish » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 am

How about an Emperor Decree. This would be an extra quote any Emperor can create that will appear with the news when anyone logs into the galaxy. The command would be:

Code: Select all

/decree All your colonies are belong to me.
and would appear in the news as “Emperor squeemish decrees: All your colonies are belong to me.”

I like giving Emperors something, but it should be a symbolic bragging rights ability, and not anything that gives a true in-game advantage.

I think this is fairly simple to implement and fault tolerant (don't have to figure out how to downgrade ships / weapons / abilities, and no extra screens / graphics are needed). Any player can create a /decree, but it won't appear unless they are an emperor. If an emperor doesn't create a decree then nothing special happens. If the player looses their emperor status then their decree simply stops appearing. If more than one emperor creates a decree then they all appear, in ranked order.

Other random details: Limit them to something short like 100 characters or less. "/decree" by itself can zap the decree, similar to the /namecolony command. You may want a /showdecree followed by an optional character name, but this isn't necessary since you can just look at the /news. Another tweak thought: When an Emperor makes a /decree it can also appear in the chat frame similar to a shout, but perhaps in an infrequently seen color.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Emperors can add to the in-game news perhaps?

See the above post for means.

/decree This Should Be Implemented.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:21 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:Emperors can add to the in-game news perhaps?

No, because then, noobs who buy someones death and become an emperor will type something like

News:

Aaron hunter is currently being sued by Nasa for infringement, please enjoy the game while you can, the program should be deleted by the end of the week.

o.0

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 am

only nasa? Star Trek, Star Wars, E.T., Microsoft, and others, don't give a damn? mwahahaha

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 am

BlackNova wrote:No, because then, noobs who buy someones death and become an emperor...
Didn't someone in this thread say it would be good to have competition for exp and emperor status?

Oh yeah, here it is...
BlackNova wrote:emperors should have special powers, it gives a reason and attraction to gaining exp, which would make it awesome
:roll:

Irony aside, you are right, there would be some great taunts. It adds another social element to the game.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:39 am

squeemish wrote:
BlackNova wrote:No, because then, noobs who buy someones death and become an emperor...
Didn't someone in this thread say it would be good to have competition for exp and emperor status?

Oh yeah, here it is...
BlackNova wrote:emperors should have special powers, it gives a reason and attraction to gaining exp, which would make it awesome
:roll:

Irony aside, you are right, there would be some great taunts. It adds another social element to the game.
I said yes to toonces idea of emperors getting a bonus

I said no to emperors being able to add to the news (read who i quoted)

o.0

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:24 pm

BlackNova wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:Emperors can add to the in-game news perhaps?

No, because then, noobs who buy someones death and become an emperor will type something like

News:

Aaron hunter is currently being sued by Nasa for infringement, please enjoy the game while you can, the program should be deleted by the end of the week.

o.0
yea, i still think that changing the color in the chatbox would be good enough

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am

It would be tight if emperors can get 50mil extra in their bank accts. This lets them hold 150mil. If they lose their emperor rank, they lose the extra 50mil.

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:56 pm

extra money sounds good to me though ive only been a dark overlord once for like 10 mins

lolz

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:It would be tight if emperors can get 50mil extra in their bank accts. This lets them hold 150mil. If they lose their emperor rank, they lose the extra 50mil.
sounds good to me

angel

Post by angel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:36 am

Emps could get unlimited fcc points.
Change color of ship.
extra 2 points in D-w-c
special emp class ship?
A emp could make there own starbase.Only 1 after its been place it cant be moved.you lose the emp rank it goes..you get 20%money of anyone who uses it and could allow/disallow people/corp you want or dont want 2 use it.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:39 am

angel wrote:Emps could get unlimited fcc points.
Change color of ship.
extra 2 points in D-w-c
special emp class ship?
A emp could make there own starbase.Only 1 after its been place it cant be moved.you lose the emp rank it goes..you get 20%money of anyone who uses it and could allow/disallow people/corp you want or dont want 2 use it.
way too overpowered for them, were just tryin to go with things that barely affect or dont affect gameplay at all at this point

master3bs

Post by master3bs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

1) It should be across the board for Emperors, Empresses and Dark Overlords.

2) It should not enhance the fighting ability

3) I like the extra profile options, and the higher money cap options

4) Perhaps the option to change attributes monthly without tokens as well

5) No extra dexterity, but extra wisdom or charisma would be a nice bonus