Military Satellites

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Thavy

Military Satellites

Post by Thavy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 am

Name: Attack Satellite
Cost: 100,000 credits
What it does: Acts like an npc ship but cannot warp out of system. Satellites can only follow a target within proximity of itself and fire deadly beams of energy at the opposing target or if you equip it with missles fire those along with lasers.
Damage: 100-250 per shot (shots are 1 per 2-3 seconds depending on visibility and other factors)
Missle damage: negotiators only so 900(limit 2 missles)*
Shields: 3500
EXP; 250-300 per kill (they do not accumulate XP so watch out)
Limit: 50 per system

BS Version:
Cost 125,000 credits
Damage: 250-300
Missle Damage: Neg limit 2
Limit: 25
Shields 2000

*i figure that letting the satellites have nukes equipped to them would be uber overpowerd so i removed that option.

NOTE: THEY DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ATTACK LASERS OR MINES WHATSOEVER
they are like laser replacements, they can be attacked by npc's just like lasers do when they have been up for too long. Satellites are just a like NPC's only they are player placed and give a little bit more of a challenge instead of stationary cannons like flaks or lasers floating in space.
Updated a few things

questions, comments, constructive criticism??? let me know
Last edited by Thavy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:32 am

i c a new target for delaserers XD, exp gained when killed? 500? avengers can sneak up on it right?

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 am

mmmk. missed those things. thanks

Lets see....500 may be too high. idk maybe 250-300?

Avengers can sneak up on them, you would have to have a specific model to avoid avengers sneaking up on them like Military Satellite (BS) "battle scanners". thanks for the tips

omlow

Post by omlow » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:32 am

fill a system up with 50 and if they have 2 negs each that would be 100 negs... pretty dangerous

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:06 am

it would be awesome maybe allow military sentrys to be placed on planets they do the same stuff as sattelites (spell check) -_- but thy look like tanks or maybe a modified pod XD

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:51 am

i dont think anyone has ever avoided 100 negs heck ive only only avoided negs by running them into planets(delaserer not a fighter lol) 100 would scare the hugging BBQ outta a newb lol. also it would make my job alot more productive,

also for the bs model, raise price and weaken weapons or make it more dependnt of negs that way me and fallon (only 2 active delaserers that i know of) can have a lil easier time tearing them down,

also since they are satellite make it so you can only deploy them in the same system s you have a colony.... but man this will make blitz so awesome lol

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 am

I'm pretty sure if Iwarped into a system with 50 of those motherfuckers I would get rocked.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:07 am

Gloin wrote:I'm pretty sure if Iwarped into a system with 50 of those motherfuckers I would get rocked.
warp out beforethey reach you, if your on auto pilot then i guess ur screwed

TakeOver

Post by TakeOver » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Lol. Put tons of those things around a warp all equipped with negs and you have yourself some funny stuff.

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 am

BS version is the same as a military satellite, but with the above stat mods. i think it would be better that way. Maybe a time limit for how long a person has to be in game for the satelllites to negatively affect them, (for both ones) otherwise they would ignore them if they were say less than a week old on the server

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:14 am

the bs one would wreck delasering. how a guy pose 2 delaser while 50 of the thing are chaing hi, arounf and setting off laser

TakeOver

Post by TakeOver » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:52 pm

So far it sounds like there are too many problems with this idea. I don't like it anyway. A defence system floating around in a system shooting lasers? Ehh.. a laser cannon can shoot lasers, why need negs?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm

wait they attack lasers? ok that just destroys the possibility that delaserers will ever be used again *sobs* not only do they take out the lasers they ward off delaserers and their low sheilds. well a seth and a avenger are needed 4 delasering, emp the sattelites out and take em out while the avenger is there 2 kill the lasers..

Fr0nTLiNe

Post by Fr0nTLiNe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 pm

As soon as i read the title i knew it wasnt worth reading and laughed this aint like a rpg u can add mosters with hitpoints and dat BBQ go back to D and D Stooge

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:40 pm

You guys missed the point completely, These are an alternative to lasers, They both cannot be in the same system, it has to be either laser cannons or the military satellites, and no they dont attack lasers, whoever came up with that is strongly mistaken, and now this topic has gone completely in the wrong direction. Oh and Frontline
Fr0nTLiNe wrote:As soon as i read the title i knew it wasnt worth reading and laughed this aint like a rpg u can add mosters with hitpoints and dat BBQ go back to D and D Stooge
your lame for suggesting that im making up an rpg edge to this game. Go BBQ someone elses thread or better yet go roll dice in your parents basement with your friends.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:58 pm

If they took up one hardware slot each and had 2 missiles each, how would they regenerate negs? Would you get 2 extra missiles for making them return/picking them up with enter?
If this were implemented, there should be lots of different levels for it, not relating to power or shields, but to speed. i.e a flower satellite would be as slow as a flower, but very cheap, - maybe 10k? Whereas an Imperial Satellite would be as fast as an isc, so able to keep up with them easier.

I pray that they would be able to be built in weapons factories too - the system battles would be spectacular with 100 negs at a time, on ISC satellites :D

Satellite battles too maybe?- just like red npcs attack yellow ones, etc.

Nova

Fr0nTLiNe

Post by Fr0nTLiNe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Thavy wrote:You guys missed the point completely, These are an alternative to lasers, They both cannot be in the same system, it has to be either laser cannons or the military satellites, and no they dont attack lasers, whoever came up with that is strongly mistaken, and now this topic has gone completely in the wrong direction. Oh and Frontline
Fr0nTLiNe wrote:As soon as i read the title i knew it wasnt worth reading and laughed this aint like a rpg u can add mosters with hitpoints and dat BBQ go back to D and D Stooge
your lame for suggesting that im making up an rpg edge to this game. Go BBQ someone elses thread or better yet go roll dice in your parents basement with your friends.
Dice i thought dd was a comp game ....

No one wants a alternative to lasers we have that its called mines and c mines and flaks 3 other choices now get 2 bed stooge

If u haven't notices theres game play issues that need addressing i rather have a bug free game than new BBQ coming into maybe make it worse

End of the day mate in the game play flow theres no need for it it does not do anything if your come up with a idea come up with a good one

EDIT: PLUS WHY EVEN FIGHT LETS ALL GO GET SATLITTES And let them fight while i be a girl and hide behind them HOW FUN

Plus noob cake with a system off 10 npcs all moving at one can frezze some peps games so with more moving parts the game will become unplayable for those persons