Intergalactic Ruins (Planet type)

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

DragonLady:Trexis

Intergalactic Ruins (Planet type)

Post by DragonLady:Trexis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Ruins: An abandoned deathstar-like artificial world created by the intergalactics, there could be only one of these in the galaxy. Owning this world would grant you 1k experience an hour and the location would not be given at bars.

Capturing this planet would be difficult it has an ancient defense system with an active 5 shot concentrated solar cannon and a few layers of flash cannons at the dome

Captain this appears to be an artificial world, and whoever built this left a defense system.

Special Building: Ancient Factory: The intergalactic's factory that builds Ruin-exclusice hardware like...

Gravity mines: a mine with the gravity of a black hole (would look somewhat like an atom in rotation), this explosive will suck you in and do about 3X the damage of a compound mine. Destroyed on impact however, like an ordinary mine and cannot be placed on planets.

Genesis Device: A kind of stationary device that you would deploy, it would take 5-10 minutes before this device spawned a new terrestrial planet where it was placed. Planet type is based on the rarity of existing planet types. Perhaps you would have moons that where randomly spawned along with the one terrestrial planet and there would be a certain distance restriction so you wouldnt place the genesis to close to an already existing planet. There would be a max planetary restriction for all systems depending on the sun class.

Flash Cannon: This would have 75% the speed of a flak cannon and the ability to turn the targets screen white for 0.5 seconds on impact, the burst is also destroyed on impact to walls and does not bounce.

Beam Generator: A chargable lance like weapon that is stored in the hardware bay like a nuke. You would charge this weapon by holding the button that is used to fire it, and obviously the longer u hold down the button the more damage the beam does, the beam has a max charge of about 8 seconds, when the user is hit however the beam cancels and you have to begin charging again. the range of this beam is that of a gravitron and a half and the how long it will project for is dependant on how long u charge it. The Beam does about 4k damage, 4 seconds, at full charge and 1k damage, 0.5 seconds at minimum charge.

This factory would operate identically to a weapons factory when it comes to what resources it needs to operate and what effects its building speed.

Research Potential: Very high (2X that of IGP)

Military Potential: Highest (3X that of rocky)

Harvesting potential: Harvests Metal ore, uranium and equipment extremley fast ( 2X rocky) but harvests rest of resoources at a greenhouse rate.

Ruins exclusive research discoveries:

Ancient Stash: Discovering this stash of intergalactics years of harvesting will increase spice, organic and anarobe harvesting to a level similiar to that of an oceanic planet.

Engine Discovery: Discovering the planets power source, a kilometer long tank of oil, will give u oil harvesting similiar to that of an earthlike

Alien Robotics: Increases harvesting and weapon making by 10% (+ 10% for each level)

Plasma Explosives: Increases the speed and damage of the solar cannon by 10% (also turns the solar cannon blue) + 10 % for each level

Archeaology: Increases research speed by 10 % for each level

*more to come*
Last edited by DragonLady:Trexis on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

duece

Post by duece » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Hmm would the research discoveries be in addition to the normal ones? and would it only be able to pull 10 discoveries out of that pool? So.. there's a good chance the only one of these in a galaxy won't get any of the special research?

Post by DragonLady:Trexis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:54 pm

robotchicken wrote:Hmm would the research discoveries be in addition to the normal ones? and would it only be able to pull 10 discoveries out of that pool? So.. there's a good chance the only one of these in a galaxy won't get any of the special research?
All previous potential discoveries will be available to ruins as long as the idea doesnt conflict with the fact that it is an artificial world.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:29 am

This idea sounds like a bit much I don't rly think we need any new planet types, but I do really like the idea of the flash cannon. Like wow, that's a really good idea would add a new element to defending and invading you should start a thread just for that so everyone can talk about how awesome it is and Toonces can see it and be like "wow im adding that in right now"

lol

duece

Post by duece » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:45 am

I think new planet types would be amazing, but I don't think have 1 super planet would have any real impact to the game.

Post by DragonLady:Trexis » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 am

robotchicken wrote:I think new planet types would be amazing, but I don't think have 1 super planet would have any real impact to the game.
I think it would have a significant impact because it could add a focal point to war and something the whole galaxy could fight over. Im going to keep improving the idea however so youll see some new stuff added

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:20 pm

DragonLady:Trexis wrote:
robotchicken wrote:I think new planet types would be amazing, but I don't think have 1 super planet would have any real impact to the game.
I think it would have a significant impact because it could add a focal point to war and something the whole galaxy could fight over. Im going to keep improving the idea however so youll see some new stuff added
IGPs tried to become that...

2seconds flash on the flash cannon is too much.

duece

Post by duece » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm

One planet is just one planet.. unless it somehow impacts you're other planets then it won't be worth a war unless you're bored. And if it does affect others there's a big chance of it being unbalanced.

Black.Trust

Post by Black.Trust » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:28 am

Actually, not a bad Idea. It even adds new defenses (Perhaps sell-able to other players?) Then whomever owned the planet to sell the unique defenses would probably have quite the cash flow, might be enough to start a few wars... I've started wars just to get the IGP's :P

level five of that extra hard hitting of that solar might be a bit much though, think that part though if at 100% milt 10 shot

2 bursts per second
10 shots per burst
1200 shots (120 bursts) per minute
One shot about 500 damage (I think?)
+50%
=======
180 bursts per minute 1800
one shot about 750 damage

thats just a bit much, I'd say at most 5% addition if not less.

(But if theres only one, alot of solar damage might be a good idea, all the harder to take it) Not sure if you intended that or not

Flash turret at most should be about half a second, enough time to send them flying into an extra solar burst but not enough to cause them not to be able to see for long enough for the solar to kill them from one flash burst

And engine discovery you might change the name to synthetic oil plant or something, seeing how a giant tank would eventually run out... or something

The beam generator though, is slightly over powered. you could take out two, maybe three players with one cargo bay of them. 3-4k shields at most and you can make the charging time 2-3 seconds. That gives people enough time to take off running

Other than those small things, great idea. And I'm not intending to put anyone down by saying this. Trying to be constructive and help :)
Last edited by Black.Trust on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

hydr

Post by hydr » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 am

2 seconds is a bit too much, i could see it flashing your screen for a few miliseconds, almost like the way flash bangs in CS worked, where if your back was turned to the flash, your screen would still get a white flash for a few milliseconds...

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:50 pm

lol i had an idea extremely similar to this did a lil bit of serching and found this, which is more balanced than my idea, so bump

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:07 pm

1k per hour in exp is not balanced. IGPs only give 100 extra, even with ig shrine.

flash cannon is not balanced neither, 0.5 seconds is still a long time. Considering that cannons fire 2 shots per second on maximum military and the fact that you can deploy multiple flash cannons, invaders will be continuously blinded until they die.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:34 pm

hmm.... attach flash cannon 2 solar and make the fastest it can go once a second, and add a 300 exp bonus not 1k, hows that?

TakeOver

Post by TakeOver » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:05 am

Best idea I've ever heard but I think there should be more than one.

LarzAlphe

Post by LarzAlphe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:05 am

I don't even play this, but maybe Flash ONLY do the flash, but it woulden't do damage?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:09 am

TakeOver wrote:Best idea I've ever heard but I think there should be more than one.
well they are much more powerful than IGPs, so obviosly they should be a bit more rare, 2 per galaxy maximum, if any more i think more IGPs but i think there should be just one

in order for this to get implemented i was thinking of this being a sneaky planet that disguises itself as another planet, i was thinking it would look like a gas giant on the outside then when u land the surface youd have a pipe moving along as the border and the surface to be dark gray of black. in the dome thered be a metal facility with pipes entering it, coming out of it would be all the buildings on the colony, and the Ancient Factory would look like a weapons factory onfire with the colors of the IGS

EDIT: I didnt mean pimps lol that would be wierd..... very weird, i meant pipes srry
Last edited by Cheesy on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 am

lol itll be called Da Pimp planet. :lol:
metale facility with pimps entering it
[/code]

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am

wow...... as much i as love the idea that you wrote, unfortunatly this game doesn't receive much updates which would make it more entertaining to play, so as much i as like the idea and i wished it was implemented to make SGE something worth to be played cuz let's face it, personally i think it sucks, the only reason why i come here is from the friends i made. this game needs more challenges, more entertainment, not just for pk servers but especially for pax servers, cuz quite honestly pax servers are very much like a routine for a lot of plp, unless you try to kill someone then it's more challenging (so to speak, but not really).

anyway my point is i really wish most of the ideas people post here, like yours would be implemented, but Toonces is being a dictator,and refuses most of our ideas :evil:

:lol:

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:44 am

Flak cannons are overpowered and the device to make new planets is cool but would be too hard to implement. Other than that this looks like a really cool and do-able idea, well done.

Nightmare

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Nightmare wrote:Flak cannons are overpowered
I know.....the other day I almost couldn't slide like 372544 layers of them.... it was horrible....

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:57 am

i dont like the sound of a planet-making device. it would be cool, but dont ya think the galaxy might get a little over-populated? especially in permas...
i do like the idea that it has no bar hint and is designed to look like a gas giant though... that would be cool

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:04 am

lol if you find a mined gas giant that mey be some tip sumthins up.. i was thinkin that a bar tip should be given but thebartender would either give 3 to 5 different loc at where the thought it was or say a location within 5 hops of the planet, other wise by the time a rebang reached the end still no one hasfound the planet lol

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:39 pm

i dont think (aside from getting exp for owning it) that the planet would really benefit anyone much in a rebang. theyr too short for anything good to come out of one.

TakeOver

Post by TakeOver » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 pm

invaderzim wrote:i dont like the sound of a planet-making device. it would be cool, but dont ya think the galaxy might get a little over-populated? especially in permas...
i do like the idea that it has no bar hint and is designed to look like a gas giant though... that would be cool
Yeah lol. Someone would surround the starport with planets. Much more useful than lasers or mines, they can't be destroyed!

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:52 pm

these should be like better U.N. cols. they are pre-defended, but well, unlike with un cols. also, the planet should be huge, and have a much higher maximum on deployable defenses so that at minimum it takes about 3 decent invaders to take.