SHEILDSS!!

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Mr_Sensual

SHEILDSS!!

Post by Mr_Sensual » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

fix them the ports rape in like 5 rs it makes it very expensive to invade jsut put it back how it used to be it would be great because i cant afford to rs at 50+each thats bull BBQ

teyla

Re: SHEILDSS!!

Post by teyla » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:30 am

quit dick dont like it way it dont hugging play

Major

Post by Major » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 am

teyla wrote:quit dick dont like it way it dont hugging play
what servers do you play? i want to be your friend. maybe we can be in the same clan!

Mr_Sensual

Post by Mr_Sensual » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:45 am

ok teyla i know your a nub and u cant conescutivley invade long enough with out dieing to know how fast ports rape but if u could youd know it sucks
btw teyla we used to be friends? your kind of a little BBQ now ..

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:48 pm

WOW What a way to respond to a post
nice flaming

People have been banned for worse. maybe you need a timeout in the corner,

oh and btw Major your response was not on topic either and your a mod??

If you don't have anything on topic to say, don't click the reply or quote button.

I have to agree the ports should not be raped after four to six reshields.
This especially true when your capping multiple planets in one system.
We used to cap three or four before the port was too high to reshield.
now its just one? get real.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Destructo wrote: This especially true when your capping multiple planets in one system.
It's really easy to cap 3-4 without raping a port... Just don't get hit as much.

Shields pricing makes as much sense as it ever did. Shields go back up quick as hell. Don't mess with it again!

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Barefoot wrote:
Destructo wrote: This especially true when your capping multiple planets in one system.
It's really easy to cap 3-4 without raping a port... Just don't get hit as much.

Shields pricing makes as much sense as it ever did. Shields go back up quick as hell. Don't mess with it again!

lmao Barefoot were talking about 10/120's not 3 /30 shot like u been capping or no solar where someone like you has to reshield every other turret
grow a set of balls and invade 10/120's

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Destructo wrote:
Barefoot wrote:

lmao Barefoot were talking about 10/120's not 3 /30 shot like u been capping or no solar where someone like you has to reshield every other turret
grow a set of balls and invade 10/120's
Anyone that's invaded with me can vouch for what I like to invade. That wouldn't be you.

In other ON TOPIC news, shields regenerate demand % quite fast, so I don't see what the problem is with the demand falling fast as well.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Barefoot wrote:
Barefoot wrote:

Anyone that's invaded with me can vouch for what I like to invade. That wouldn't be you.

In other ON TOPIC news, shields regenerate demand % quite fast, so I don't see what the problem is with the demand falling fast as well.

wow they sure do if you want to wait three to four days to start invading that system again
however blind to the way to invade you may be.

The point is to take the system to make it harder for them to take back.
If you leave them any planets in the system. Then it is easier to retake the colonies you have taken.

point being.. You need to take all the planets and with the shield prices they way they are and how they go down so fast. (and they do go down fast)
it is impossible to take all the cols in one system without having to leave the system making it harder on the invader.

It already has made it where the invader has to be rich to invade even a few colonies so why not give the invaders a break.

I think it is more you don't like being invaded and want to keep the colonies you have by whatever means and that includes putting your two cents worth in this post.

and stop your QQing no matter what the outcome you will still lose colonies.

Oh and btw I have never invaded with you because i like the good colonies not junker's

Major

Post by Major » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Destructo wrote:

If you don't have anything on topic to say, don't click the reply or quote button.
Do you have any idea who Teyla is? No, you do not. Teyla has made some silly posts in the past and the community rallied to find him in game when it turned out he didn't even play in game, just trolled the forums. You made an assumption that was based only on your lack of understanding. My post was humor mostly if slightly off topic in a thread that never should have been, even if this isn't the same Teyla, it was an innocent remark that only you seem to care about.

Don't even mention my name again, your a virus to this community and I will publicly thank the admins when you are once again banned.

TO stay on topic to this miserable thread, shields are fine now. They dont take days as you suggested. Mearly hours. Perhaps you haven't played recently.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Actually I used to be corped with Teyla, so yes he's real...

Anyway, why can't we all just get along?

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Major wrote:
Destructo wrote:

Do you have any idea who Teyla is? No, you do not. Teyla has made some silly posts in the past and the community rallied to find him in game when it turned out he didn't even play in game, just trolled the forums. You made an assumption that was based only on your lack of understanding. My post was humor mostly if slightly off topic in a thread that never should have been, even if this isn't the same Teyla, it was an innocent remark that only you seem to care about.

Don't even mention my name again, your a virus to this community and I will publicly thank the admins when you are once again banned.

TO stay on topic to this miserable thread, shields are fine now. They dont take days as you suggested. Mearly hours. Perhaps you haven't played recently.

teyla is real he was on p1 and also on ga i fought him too so don't give me that he isnt real.

I do believe he is on even now on 11th d

that makes what you posted even sillier Major.

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 am

Destructo wrote: teyla is real he was on p1 and also on ga i fought him too so don't give me that he isnt real.

I do believe he is on even now on 11th d

that makes what you posted even sillier Major.
Image(like us said b4 dont post any thing off topic)
and now back on topic the sheilds prices go back to like 11 per sheild in an hour or two

Major

Post by Major » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 am

then i apologize to this teyla. there was someone with a similar/same name that used to make idiotic posts here only trolling and one of them were/nearly were implemented.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:40 am

FortyTwoAxes wrote: Image(like us said b4 dont post any thing off topic)
and now back on topic the sheilds prices go back to like 11 per sheild in an hour or two

Your right I am sorry for the off topic post

back on topic

so what do you do for that two hours Nap? go eat? and if thats every col so you have to cap a col then nap or eat, or maybe the store each time
hmm man (invading) it sure time consuming!!

Wow I can take like 4 planets today I have 8 hrs oh wait the time it takes to invade it
ok guess i'll stick to three
or

well i guess i'll go somewhere else and come back after two hours hmm oh no there someone raped that port ok further
wow raped again here is one that is fine darn all my allies planets chit i may as well log.

That is pure nuts

put the shield back to 07 pricing and leave it no more dynamic's leave that real world stuff for the real world
this is a imaginative space game. Lets imagine reasonable shields.

Mr_Sensual

Post by Mr_Sensual » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 am

you people will just argue about anything huh?-- forum community is very bad all they do is flame now

Major

Post by Major » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:16 pm

oh, i just remembered who i thought i was flaming. the dude that got the 5% tax stuck to cols in UN protection. anyone remember their name i'd love to rehash that flamefest.

joe: the two hours the port is too expensive for you...mine other ports off and invade another system...when that new port with targets gets too low go back to the first. like barefoot said its the same as it was in 07. just faster. it drains faster and recharges faster. im afraid if he tweeks it anymore it will fudge it up again. their was a little while it was a bit imbalanced.

...or, go for a walk, pet a puppy, kiss a girl.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Major wrote:oh, i just remembered who i thought i was flaming. the dude that got the 5% tax stuck to cols in UN protection. anyone remember their name i'd love to rehash that flamefest.
I remember that guy!
I thought teyla was a chick. I met him/her on p1 where he/she plays still, I think.
Major wrote:joe: the two hours the port is too expensive for you...mine other ports off and invade another system...when that new port with targets gets too low go back to the first. like barefoot said its the same as it was in 07. just faster. it drains faster and recharges faster. im afraid if he tweeks it anymore it will fudge it up again. their was a little while it was a bit imbalanced.

...or, go for a walk, pet a puppy, kiss a girl.
Amen, Major.

But seriously without any flames, if you're smart and efficient, you can work out ways to lose less shields taking colonies to compensate if money really is the issue. If the colonies are too nasty to take the whole system, then at least you know the ports are raped for whomever tries to take the cols back.

All I do is invade, now. I don't do anything else on SGE except a little blitz from time to time. I probably spend an hour or two invading each day on various servers, and I feel the shield pricing is as good as its ever been.

Daven

Post by Daven » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:07 am

this shield system is fine, the shields regen rediculously fast, works really well if you use multiple ports, get a port to 85-90% then choose another one, that one will regenerate pretty fast, works even better the more ports there are

Mr_Sensual

Post by Mr_Sensual » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Daven wrote:this shield system is fine, the shields regen rediculously fast, works really well if you use multiple ports, get a port to 85-90% then choose another one, that one will regenerate pretty fast, works even better the more ports there are
im guessing you havent tried to mass invade? when taking every col in a system your going to get the port up to 100+ a sheild its not fine its bull BBQ
(the price starts doubling just about every rs)

Major

Post by Major » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 am

Mr_Sensual wrote:
Daven wrote:this shield system is fine, the shields regen rediculously fast, works really well if you use multiple ports, get a port to 85-90% then choose another one, that one will regenerate pretty fast, works even better the more ports there are
im guessing you havent tried to mass invade? when taking every col in a system your going to get the port up to 100+ a sheild its not fine its bull BBQ
dude. i do that solo.

i take 8-9-10 cols in a single system. sometimes with no port in it. ...its not hard to not get hit...at least not take tons on shield damage. try using plates for those cols you need to take a lot of damage on. once its open switch back to power and speed.

...as for mass invades...try to not have idiots in your party that SUCK down shields from the better players. ...or use meat shields. ...seriously you guys should be better then this.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 am

Major wrote:
Mr_Sensual wrote:
dude. i do that solo.

i take 8-9-10 cols in a single system. sometimes with no port in it. ...its not hard to not get hit...at least not take tons on shield damage. try using plates for those cols you need to take a lot of damage on. once its open switch back to power and speed.

...as for mass invades...try to not have idiots in your party that SUCK down shields from the better players. ...or use meat shields. ...seriously you guys should be better then this.
/agree

Mr_Sensual

Post by Mr_Sensual » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:00 am

if i played same server for like ever and had nukes in every sys i wouldnt have to rs much either