Extreme jump lag under heavy fire

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Kasparov

Extreme jump lag under heavy fire

Post by Kasparov » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 pm

There seems to be a new problem with lag. Overall I have seen less jump lag in space recently, which is good, but everytime i get under heavy solar or laser fire while invading I start to jump lag. Sometimes I even skip BACKWARDS into mines or a laser box. Needless to say, this has gotten me killed quite a few times, and it basically makes it impossible to escape if you get caught in a sticky situation. I'm not the only one who has seen this either. So it would be great if this could be fixed as it takes all the fun out of a challenging invasion. I don't even care about the countless IGS I've lost to lag over the last year. All I want is for my favorite game to work well so I can continue to dominate with unrelenting vigor, intelligence, and presidential charm. :wink:

-Kasparov

P.S. DDG sucks.

Sparty

Re: Extreme jump lag under heavy fire

Post by Sparty » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Okay Toonces could you please take a look at this; it is becoming insane.

If you are invading and you go to capture a colony and fail, you die. I just keep getting snapped backwards like there is a rubber band infront of me. Please sort this out because when something like this is stopping you from invading it starts to deter interest in playing :P

CaptainMeef

Re: Extreme jump lag under heavy fire

Post by CaptainMeef » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am

This is happening to me on all the servers I play, and I don't have to be invading. My ship just goes bonkers, jumps/skips around the solar system, goes backwards when should be fwd. Really annoying.