Ship Spinning Uncontrollably

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Shadowfax

Ship Spinning Uncontrollably

Post by Shadowfax » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Greetings!

having an issue with the game. When I enter into a galaxy map, my ship (starter model) won't come off full thrust and continually spins to port. I can stop the spin by hitting the key for a right turn, but I am not able to counter the forward thrust. I've tried setting different keys for thrust and control, I've uninstalled and re-installed and I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
I am fairly certain that it's not the hardware because I am not seeing any signs of a stuck key or issues in any other programs - game or not.
My config is as follows:

Win7 Ultimate (64bit)
Service Pack 1
AMD Phenom II x4 965 processor
8GB RAM

Suggestions? I did a cursory glance through the forums and didn't see much on this kind of issue... a few things where the ship would occasionally veer off at a different angle, but not exactly what mine is doing.

Thanks!

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Ship Spinning Uncontrollably

Post by Toonces » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 am

There's probably like a joystick or mouse type device you have connected to your computer that's causing it. Sometimes it's one of those steering wheels for racing games, or maybe a gamepad. You can either try to use this device to play starport, by setting it up in the options menu, or you can try turning off or unplugging the device.

Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Unfortunately, the only joystick/mouse type device I have plugged in is an old logitech trackball and the keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse, both of which I have used successfully with the game in the past.
I have gone through and unplugged USB hubs so that the only external things plugged in are the keyboard, trackball and one thumb drive being used to speed the PC itself up (Readyboost).

is there any info I might provide which could help figure this out?

Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Bump

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:25 am

Shadowfax wrote:Unfortunately, the only joystick/mouse type device I have plugged in is an old logitech trackball and the keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse, both of which I have used successfully with the game in the past.
I have gone through and unplugged USB hubs so that the only external things plugged in are the keyboard, trackball and one thumb drive being used to speed the PC itself up (Readyboost).

is there any info I might provide which could help figure this out?
Have you tried running with all usb things unplugged except the keyboard?