Tractor

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Tractor

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:14 am

anyone noicincing any issues w/ the tractor beam in the CEO?

Had someone that couldnt be tractored it seemed then they d/c several minutes later and still couldnt be tractored... not sure if its a glitch or.... well u know

cc

LordSturm

Re: Tractor

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 am

sounds like another wonderful person expoiting lag... tractor becomes useless if you can lag yourself enough to be jumpy on the other persons screen... i dont know how many times i tractor someone and they immediatly become jumpy and seem to get out of it at will, flying out of it without it having any effect whatsoever.

one person on a rebang i did awihle back would have perfect ping.. i would find them, once i landed tractor on them their ping would jump up to 600 and they would lag out of it, then once they got away their ping was back down to normal level.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 am

well whatever it was it was bad. this guy was lagging out of his tractor repeatedly for about 10 minutes of fighting

Draze

Post by Draze » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 pm

some people use fraps and things like that to make them lag to get out of tractor... then start it when they get trapped.

nemaster203

Post by nemaster203 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm

I know there's Network Cards out there that allow you to raise your ping on the hardware level, a feature created to "create fairness" by raising your ping to make people so they won't say the only reason you killed them was because of your low latency. This feature is mainly meant for FPS games, but could probably be activated with a hot key on all games. You could probably raise your ping to 2000ms using this method, without having packet loss.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 pm

there will always be ways to create latency and packet loss on the client side. The key is to make it where it's never an advantage.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:49 pm

well when i ping himhe was at 94 latency and 0 PL..dont know if he jacked it up or not when i tractored, either way wouldnt this be hacking or exploiting a bug and both bannable?

nemaster203

Post by nemaster203 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:35 pm

If it was hacking, it would mean modifying the client, which you don't need to do for this. This also isn't a bug within the game, but within other software or hardware, which means this isn't a bug with the game, so it wouldn't be bannable to my knowledge, just get people really angry at him. Unless the program he used somehow altered the game code, or maybe even had a Direct X Api hook (I'm not sure if this is bannable, but I know Fraps has to use it for the fps overlay).

Lag is inevitable, it's the one thing that can't EVER be eliminated or controlled by the game, because there will always be a delay between you and the server. This delay can be modified to be made longer, on the hardware or even software side. Lag is also caused by slow computers, so that's how something like fraps could cause lag on older computers, by recording high-fps video on a slow computer.

The-real-Pirate

Post by The-real-Pirate » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 am

whan im using the tractor on some one they all ways lag out of it no fair

CaptainKangaroo
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by CaptainKangaroo » Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Funny tractor used to work just fine until toonces changed the settings on it.

Budman

Post by Budman » Tue May 12, 2009 1:23 pm

hush angry your betters are speaking ....we dont need your noob opinion

CaptainKangaroo
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by CaptainKangaroo » Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Budman wrote:hush angry your betters are speaking ....we dont need your noob opinion

Dude quit being a retard