One problem away from eternal happiness :(

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Stklr

One problem away from eternal happiness :(

Post by Stklr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 am

So I fixed the half a ship thing by downloading the game from download.com.

it allowed the game to patch and stopped the glitch were my browser crashed when I clicked the pop-up...

So it works fine installing, patching, and starting up the main screen.

All the buton work, I just cant type in anything. No matter what I do. Ive tried clicking a lot, pressing random buttons, I just cant type in ANYTHING in the field. But everything else works fine. I started it up from the launcher, the new launcher, the main thingy in the documents, running all of emas administater, NOTHING works!!

I cant download again since it took like 20 minutes and I dont want to hug up this computer since its a business computer and I just wanted this game to pass time between mergers and vacation plannings. :P

Please dont lock and tell me to email support, becuse I already have for past issues and NONE of them were responded to.

Maybe the player base or moderaters can help.

With bitter tolerance:

Meliza

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 am

What OS are you running?

CaffeinatedCoder
Site Admin

Post by CaffeinatedCoder » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand the problem but if you type and you cant see anything in the inital login screen... it probably means that the font is corrupted. Reboot your computer and it should fix it. I'm still not sure whats causing this but seems like it could be a symptom of crashing or maybe vista. I've had it happen to me.

Windows has a cache of fonts that are loaded and when our program exits it unloads the font. When the program crashes windows is in charge of the font unloading. So if it either of those screws up rebooting should fix it.

As to getting from download.com or some older patch and patching up, it prolly takes a good while. The latest fully patched install is up on the website and should work.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:20 pm

CaffeinatedCoder wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem but if you type and you cant see anything in the inital login screen... it probably means that the font is corrupted. Reboot your computer and it should fix it. I'm still not sure whats causing this but seems like it could be a symptom of crashing or maybe vista. I've had it happen to me.

Windows has a cache of fonts that are loaded and when our program exits it unloads the font. When the program crashes windows is in charge of the font unloading. So if it either of those screws up rebooting should fix it.

As to getting from download.com or some older patch and patching up, it prolly takes a good while. The latest fully patched install is up on the website and should work.
The login screen mucks up for me whenever i minimize it - buttons disappear etc. Also, if i leave the login screen for too long, without typing anything in, it no longer lets me log in - have to reload sge :O

Nova

toast

Post by toast » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 pm

my buttons disappear all the time. actually, i think that it might be more rare to see them, rather then not see them. But when i scroll the mouse over them, they show up :) also, i can just press enter instead of clicking ok or whatever it is.

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

no no no I can see everything fine. All the buttons work, loading, patching is fine, I just cant click the text box to type anything in.

The text boxes arent working. Anywere.

I cant log in, make a new charctor (just to see if it was broken there too)

So i cant type in ANYTHING.

Meliza

Cheesy

Re: One problem away from eternal happiness :(

Post by Cheesy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:40 am

Stklr wrote:So I fixed the half a ship thing by downloading the game from download.com.

it allowed the game to patch and stopped the glitch were my browser crashed when I clicked the pop-up...

So it works fine installing, patching, and starting up the main screen.

All the buton work, I just cant type in anything. No matter what I do. Ive tried clicking a lot, pressing random buttons, I just cant type in ANYTHING in the field. But everything else works fine. I started it up from the launcher, the new launcher, the main thingy in the documents, running all of emas administater, NOTHING works!!

I cant download again since it took like 20 minutes and I dont want to hug up this computer since its a business computer and I just wanted this game to pass time between mergers and vacation plannings. :P

Please dont lock and tell me to email support, becuse I already have for past issues and NONE of them were responded to.

Maybe the player base or moderaters can help.

With bitter tolerance:

Meliza
theres ur problem