Planet Layouts(pictures) and Black Hole Maps

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Barefoot

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Barefoot » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Here are some possible dome locations for #'s 31-35 of the new lay-outs. I also did #51 to show another possible loc for the DT. Please remember that not all dome locations may be included - I'd love to see yours to compare! I'll edit this post as I create new ones, and I'll edit maps with your dome-locs, too, if I missed good ones.

EDIT: ADDED #36-50

This is, in my opinion, the deadliest lay-out. The dragon-tail is close, but dome location #1 is tough. I've seen #2, but it's not nearly as effective as #1. Concentrated or narrow solar works best.

I've only seen 2 locations used on this lay-out. Location #1 is my favorite, but #2 works ok on rockies.

I usually go for dome locs 1 or 3 here, as they make you go through one of the twisty, narrow sections. However, 2 works well as a nuke eater if you are looking for another option.

I'm less familiar with doming/invading this lay-out, but I've found that location #1 works as a nuke-eater, and works even better on low drag planets. For high drag planets, I like location #2 the best, and #3 second-best.

This lay-out is a tough invade when domed well. My favorite location is #1 on high-drag planets, with #2 as a good second-option. #3 is a choice spot on rockies as it takes forever to get in and out.

I've only seen 2 locations here. I've always stuck the dome in the top corner (spot #1) on low drag planets. On high drag planets, I invaded a particularly tough colony that had the dome placed at location #2. It had the main portion of its defenses concentrated above the dome blocking the easier cap run.

I don't have any real insight into this layout. These are the standard dome locations for most players. #1 is the ring method, and it works better than most rings, but it's still a noob-ring. Dome-locs 2 and 3 are the nuke eater spots.

This is a tricky colony to dome, IMO. Most newbs go for a ring with the dome next to it, but it's an easy take when they do. I recommend dome-locs 1 or 2, as you can put all your defenses right near the dome to maximize damage taken. Location 3 accomplishes the same thing, but it's an easier cap. Location #4 is about the same as 3, but a smidge harder cap run. If you have a weaker solar, go with #2. If you got a sick solar, go with #1

I call this one the yin-yang layout, but now that I view it zoomed way out, it might not be that. Either way: Most newer players stick the dome at location #1 and laser the warp. This keeps all but skilled invaders from bothering with it. I personally like location #2, as it allows the solar to cover the whole planet. Dome-locations 3 and 4 are other acceptable nuke eater spots.

I like dome-location #2 here the best because of the narrow entrance, and 3 also does the same thing (though most of the time location #3 has a ring at the warp). Location #1 is surprisingly more of a pain in the arse than it looks. As a nuke-eater, the lasers reach the warp, which causes more damage that expected. Also, many lasers must be killed at loc #1.

#41 - The Maze
For this layout, there's 3 fairly good options. #2 is simply deadly with a high BPM solar. Locations 1 and 3 are good for low drag planets - and they generally eat more nukes

This layout is not one of my favorite, but these are the locs that I have used (and seen others use).

#43 - The Skull
This one completely stumps me. I never end up doming this layout because I simply do not know where to put the dome. Any ideas?

I've only found 1 spot that can be defended well enough for me to dome the lay-out. It should be nuke-eater style, with all cannons by the dome.

On this layout, I prefer to dome at location #1. I don't bother with a ring, either. If you want to make a ring, I'd suggest doming at #2.

#46 - The Super-Tall
If you plan to laser up the warp (defends similarly to superwide at warp), then make sure to dome at locs 1 or 2. If you don't want to use all your defenses at the warp, #3 works well as a nuke-eater and provides good solar coverage at warp.

There are many good spots here. I highlighted 5 of them. Locations 1 and 4 are very similar, and very effective if the solar is strong enough. It's a PITA to invade a high BPM solar at those locs. Location #5 is common, although I feel it's about as easy as #2 to invade. If you aren't going to have a tough solar (e.g. 5k pop dome), I'd go for location #3. It's a safe bet.

This planet type is almost always defended with a ring. The ring is tight, and the planet is small, so it's effective. It doesn't take too much brain power to figure out good dome-locs here. I personally like #2, but 1 works just fine.

I find this to be a more difficult planet to defend. It seems that location #1 is the most popular among new players, but it's not very strong with lasers at the warp - Pretty easy drop nuke job. I prefer to dome at location #2 and make the invader take some solar damage.

If you can get the placement correct on location #1, you can max the planet in front of the dome. This loc provides very good solar coverage getting in and out of the planet, and drop-nuking becomes useless after the first 1k tons or so, therefore making it fairly expensive to take. Loc #2 is the cop-out if you can't get the placement right on #1, but it's not a terrible loc.

#51 (DT)
Location #1 is the standard for most players, but I think #2 is much deadlier.
Last edited by Barefoot on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DirtMonitor

Post by DirtMonitor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 am

Ty for the new post

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:51 pm

GOODJOB 420! DO THE REST :P

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 pm

gamanche wrote:GOODJOB 420! DO THE REST :P
I've got the motivation, but I don't have the knowledge for all of them. Some of the lay-outs (skull one, for example) I don't have a clue on doming strategy. On those, it's an experiment every time. I'll work on some today, though.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm

I would make them all and do all my placements, but i dont know how to do them

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:07 pm

gamanche wrote:I would make them all and do all my placements, but i dont know how to do them
Ain't hard. I copied and pasted into paint and used the paintbrush to make the numbers. Just gotta zoom in a bit.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm

420.. dome placement for planet 50.. is a great spot exactly to the left.. on the other side of wall, parrallel to warp

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 pm

I actually looked at a lot of your placements, and i dislike a lot of them, and i find there are many better locations lol

ill do my own set soon and see whos is better! mahawwa

Draze

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by Draze » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 pm

is P5 still needed? I know all BH locations on that server

gamanche

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gamanche » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 pm

I think so

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 pm

gamanche wrote:420.. dome placement for planet 50.. is a great spot exactly to the left.. on the other side of wall, parrallel to warp
I figured that spot would fit under 3k tons of turrets in front of it. Is it a lot better than fitting 5k tons in front of it?
gamanche wrote:I actually looked at a lot of your placements, and i dislike a lot of them, and i find there are many better locations lol

Do your own! My spots are definitely not up to par on some lay-outs. I'd really like to see your picks, as they were usually better than mine in HC :oops:

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 pm

Barefoot wrote:
gamanche wrote:420.. dome placement for planet 50.. is a great spot exactly to the left.. on the other side of wall, parrallel to warp
I figured that spot would fit under 3k tons of turrets in front of it. Is it a lot better than fitting 5k tons in front of it?
gamanche wrote:I actually looked at a lot of your placements, and i dislike a lot of them, and i find there are many better locations lol

Do your own! My spots are definitely not up to par on some lay-outs. I'd really like to see your picks, as they were usually better than mine in HC :oops:
to your first question, yeah it could probably fit 3k or a bit more defences in front, but what about behind it? :P
the lazers behind the dome were always the problem for me :P

and yeah.. both are layouts were pretty good, i knew which layouts were harder to invade, and u knew how to build them and maintain them with high solars and stufff :) i will attempt to make some layouts of my own throughout the week at home

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 pm

gamanche wrote:i will attempt to make some layouts of my own throughout the week at home
Until you do, my spots rule. :D

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 am

One Extremely good spot is right below the warp 10/120 its BEAST :lol:

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 pm

how can i get the picture like that.. mine doesnt zoom out or anything to see the whole thing.. :o

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 am

gamanche wrote:how can i get the picture like that.. mine doesnt zoom out or anything to see the whole thing.. :o
All the pictures are on the first page of this thread. Copy, paist, paint, upload, post. Respectively, of course.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 pm

wow really, 69 planet layouts!?, this may take a while for me :P

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:12 pm

gamanche wrote:wow really, 69 planet layouts!?, this may take a while for me :P
No sense in really worrying about the first 30 or so. Those are the old lay-outs that have been posted with dome locs many times. The new ones are the ones that need some possible locs.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:17 pm

I Will do them all hopefully.. and i will attempt to make it a whole new thread, since this one is too long and yeah...

i want everyone to know how superior i am :P

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:13 pm

gamanche wrote:I Will do them all hopefully.. and i will attempt to make it a whole new thread, since this one is too long and yeah...

i want everyone to know how superior i am :P
pphhhhhhhh

Just post'm here; that's what this thread is for. No need for your noob spam elsewhere too! :wink:

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:31 pm

gamanche wrote:wow really, 69 planet layouts!?, this may take a while for me :P
Toonces, you dirty man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shadowshot..

Post by Shadowshot.. » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Lmao toonces im sure that making 69 planet layouts was an accident

buggy

Post by buggy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 pm

i dont get it whats wrong with 69?also great job btw

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:27 am

buggy wrote:i dont get it whats wrong with 69?also great job btw

:lol:
Last edited by MutedJazz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:43 am

dont spam like that u nubcake :x

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 am

Who?

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:20 pm

420, i havent worked on those pictures in like 3 weeks.. and i only have the 1st 7layouts done :P

im too lazy for I love puppies

ill probably get around to it within the next year though lol

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:45 pm

Once you get going on them, you can knock'm all out quickly. It took me about an hour.

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Barefoot wrote:Once you get going on them, you can knock'm all out quickly. It took me about an hour.
thats what she said

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Wagon wrote:
Barefoot wrote:Once you get going on them, you can knock'm all out quickly. It took me about an hour.
thats what she said
:D