New colony building guide?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

once

New colony building guide?

Post by once » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:48 am

I can't seem to find a colony building guide that is recent anyone happen to have tips on which planets are best or are they all the same?

I'm speding all my time/money putting resources on planets and its not realkly helping.

thank-you

petertje

Post by petertje » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:59 am

It didn't help? Not even once?

damn i'm bored... :?

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm

http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewtopic.php?t=9555

There's a piece of software Nightmare and Turkey created to help with building colonies. Very useful gadget.

Zenn

Post by Zenn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:34 pm

You're looking for tips? I can give u some.

If you build on arctic types don't let the pop go above 5k without good research like (Drilling, Channel Scrambling, or Weather Protection) bcuz it will be hard to stabilize the pop.

If you build on mountain types you can easily go above 5k but I don't recommend going above 10k bcuz it generates %10 pollution a day around 10k pop and it won't be able to make enough money for itself per day to pay for the pollution.

Earth typez u can get up to 10-15k easy depending on the research and it will still be able to pay for itself with its low pollution (church of earth)

Ocean types are easy to get to 5k-10 with or without good research, these are my money planets so I usually leave them at 5k and tax them high.

Rockies are not too hard to get it to 5k and stabilize it depending on research but don't even try to get it to bio3 usually it won't work out well.

Volcanics and Greenhouses (GH's) are hard to get them to 5k and stabalize it and make them able to pay for themselves weather prediction research helps out a lot here. But most of the time I avoid these cols.

I have more tips like How to stabilze a col but I don't feel like writing it all out here now.

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:08 pm

My 3 month old guide isn't good enough?

pfft

Nightmare