Settings to increase in-game FPS

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

CaptainKangaroo
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Settings to increase in-game FPS

Post by CaptainKangaroo » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:10 am

Found a way to increase the in-game Frames per Second for anyone that wishes to do so. You will need a monitor that has a higher refresh rate then the usual 60hz most monitors have in order to get the full benefit of the higher FPS. I get between 110-125 FPS and can say the game does play much smoother while flying in space and on planets invading/building with the increased FPS.This works for Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 11

Pictures included for reference.

If you have a Nvidia GPU/Video Card open the Nvidia Control Panel and go to 3D Settings. Bottom of the menu you will see "Vsync", you want to set Vsync to "Fast". Can be done Globally or just as a per program basis (will need to select Starport GE from the list of games and set Vsync to fast) You may need to disable G-Sync if you have a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Next, right click on the Starport GE desktop icon and select "Compatibility". Change Compatibility Mode to Windows 7 and Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.

After making these changes pay attention to the next time you start Starport, if the game loading progress bar goes a lot faster during the initial opening of the game you have successfully done the settings correctly.

I'm sure there is a way to do this for AMD/ATI GPU/Video Cards but I'm not familiar on how to do so.

Any questions feel free to ask, enjoy.