Whats the deal with Shield Emanators

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Whats the deal with Shield Emanators

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 am

Something is seriously nerfed with emanators, I see guys in CEO ships out-thrust and out-speed ISC's, IGS with 3 Emanators. Seems like having 3 of these not only make you unkillable by 16-20 nukes players have just as much Energy as with 3 Superconductors and the thrust is the same.

CEO ships always sucked compared to the better ships like IGS, ISC, Seth. The only benefit was the 16 holds and a tractor beam. And the downside was bad energy regen and poor thrust/speed but the 16 Holds plus Tractor negated these downfalls. Now just get a CEO and 3 Shield Emanators and you now have a better ship then all the other top-tier ships in the game. Sorry but for $10 the IGS better be superior to a CEO otherwise whats the point of buying one.

Tone down the Emanators, way too OP otherwise just abolish the Artifact's all together as they all have become useless unless you get 3 Emanators. IG Suits are a total waste was well since the Dexterity was nerfed because of Blitz.

PowerRanger

Re: Whats the deal with Shield Emanators

Post by PowerRanger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:38 pm

The SE reduces the energy loss from taking a hit. So, when a nuke hits someone using SEs, the calculation I believe is based on the amount of shields one loses. The greater the loss of shields, the greater the loss of energy.

Though, I do think they game is just glitchy in general. Several people have seen before where people are nuking one single person. It is clear the nukes hit this person, yet they somehow magically warp with SEs, even if they just got hit 3+ times (which should be enough to stop you from getting back to 1k in literally ONE second).

I also agree on the IGS. I have bought it often, but it is quite annoying. ISC out performs, now the CEO seems to be just as good with SEs... plus the fact it has terrible cargo holds so I have to continuously change ships to build effectively (losing 500 tokens each time, which is probably just a marketing ploy...)