8%
High Fuel Regen
14%

Total votes: 37

-Muffin-

Settings For Hydra

Post by -Muffin- » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:22 am

Here is a poll for the new perma Hydra.

Toonces would like to know what the most popular settings will be. He will take into account the results here, and results i find in game from players without forum accounts.

If you have a specific number you'd like for corps, or a percentage for ports, or anything else, please post a reply.

Love,
Muffin

Kasparov

Re: Settings For Hydra

Post by Kasparov » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:37 am

It'd be cool to have a smaller server like rag but with lots of shields. Maybe not a port in every system, but where there is a port, the shields last a long time like they do on FW. A Different shape would be nice too..... maybe a spiral, or an hourglass. Smaller corps like 5 or 6 might be nice too so things don't turn into a mob fight. If you could lower the cs count to like 5 as well things might get interesting. The one thing I like about rag is the layouts tho. Just include every possible layout, and randoms, and a lot of planets per system. NO ASTEROIDS PLZ. Medium fuel regen would be better for everyone I think. I'm excited!

-Kasparov

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:03 am

I don't like the idea that the server "mods" have the power to edit the map. If someone were to invade a "mods" area then a "mod" could just delete/edit a area of the map that the invader has cols thus deleting systems that other players have built up. Same can be said if a player pays a "mod" to delete/edit another players systems so they wont be invaded.

Too much potential for abuse having server "mods" that can change settings.

How would anyone feel if they spent the time and effort to build Weapons Factories with the intent of invading another player nearby only to have a "mod" delete/edit the systems that have Weapons Factories on colony's.

Bad idea having "mods" that none of the player base elected to represent what the community wants. The last time that we had so called "Teachers" on servers they were the first ones that abused the privilege and used glitches on top of that. Token Whores should not be made Moderators in any game.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am

@WeGotDeathStar: Pretty sure he means ship mods.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:43 am

Caia wrote:@WeGotDeathStar: Pretty sure he means ship mods.
Don't know if you even play anymore but Hydra has 3 server Moderators.

Has nothing to do with ship modules.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:40 am

I don't. But every time I've seen "mods" its been in reference to ship modules. At least as far as I know.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:28 pm

lol xD i meant ship mods