Whats goin ON?!?!?!?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Pwnster

Whats goin ON?!?!?!?

Post by Pwnster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 am

Whats going on everyone?

Whats the status of SGE atm? Still balls broken and nerfed or worth coming back to?

godman

Re: Whats goin ON?!?!?!?

Post by godman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:37 am

some people still here, some left and came back.. guess just pop into every server and see whos active and who isnt. im still here after starting in 04. kinda crazy to know but thats life. some adapt to the changes, some cant stand them. not sure when you quit playing so i cant really give you a run down on whats changed if anything since youve been gone.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: Whats goin ON?!?!?!?

Post by 0zzy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:14 am

I popped into a few servers the other day after a year off (which was only a few months, after a 2 year break or something).

Surprisingly a lot of old faces around but it seems to have hit an all time low. Even Blitz which last I played would regularly hit 15 -20 people in the evening and maybe 30 on weekends is usually dead all day. This is despite some here and there improvements.

I think SGE seriously needs a reboot, like an overhaul. I know Toonces is only one guy, and had made a great game, but he hasn't improved it at a pace required to keep new players coming. Whether that pace is realistic for one person or not, I'm not sure... dont have any game designing experience.

IMO SGE doesn't need any changes to be a very fun game but it needs more players to be one, and new players will only come if there are major improvements.