Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 27

dragonz

Should dragonz be banned?

Post by dragonz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:48 pm

It has come to my attention that several of new players on Keplar's Mission have reported me as hacker!
Following after these accusations I am now unable to log into Starport at all! Now I may be jumping to conclusions
rather hastily, but after I reviewed some post it seems this is caused by being banned! Now, as a community I would like
to see where I fit in. I have done nothing wrong, my only crime is playing the game. I am fair to most players and
I do not scam or take advantage of anyone. So I am rather stunned that I would be banned. Perhaps a few high dollar paying
players only need to cry wolf for starport staff to taking banning into consideration or maybe I am mistaken my short coming to
a glitch, but either way what do you think? should I be banned never to return? Or do you like a little competition?

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Re: Should dragonz be banned?

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm

dragonz wrote:It has come to my attention that several of new players on Keplar's Mission have reported me as hacker!
Following after these accusations I am now unable to log into Starport at all! Now I may be jumping to conclusions
rather hastily, but after I reviewed some post it seems this is caused by being banned! Now, as a community I would like
to see where I fit in. I have done nothing wrong, my only crime is playing the game. I am fair to most players and
I do not scam or take advantage of anyone. So I am rather stunned that I would be banned. Perhaps a few high dollar paying
players only need to cry wolf for starport staff to taking banning into consideration or maybe I am mistaken my short coming to
a glitch, but either way what do you think? should I be banned never to return? Or do you like a little competition?
the underlined part just seems bitter and to me, makes you look arrogant. Who knows, you could be great or you could suck, it really shouldn't have anything to do with whether you were banned or not.

I don't think you hack but from the times I've fought you or a group that you were in in a spacefight, you used to always be in igs and you were basically one of those players who would stay and fight if his side was winning but gtfo when they started losing. So I can see why some people would dislike you but I've never seen you hack

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Call it what you like! However giving the new ability to see other players mods, and having a player warp in to defend his colony while it's being invaded
with 6 neutron platings. I know that my 8 nukes will not pod him! So nuking him 5-6 times and re-nuking to finish the job is just using sense! Not hacking!! And these same players run off and cry hack every time they die because they lose there planets and are pwned! Sounds like they are scared of competition don't you think???

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm

no?

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 pm

dragonz wrote:Call it what you like! However giving the new ability to see other players mods, and having a player warp in to defend his colony while it's being invaded
with 6 neutron platings. I know that my 8 nukes will not pod him! So nuking him 5-6 times and re-nuking to finish the job is just using sense! Not hacking!! And these same players run off and cry hack every time they die because they lose there planets and are pwned! Sounds like they are scared of competition don't you think???
the last time i ever encountered you was before pre-mod patch.. :?

that being said, I think this thread doesn't really have a purpose. No one in the community knows whether you hacked or what not, and any bannage would be decided by toonces, not the player. It's basically an all or nothing thing. Either you broke the rules, or you didn't. The best person to discuss this with would be toonces. If in fact you are banned, and you've made this thread yet haven't PMed him, he's probably going to ignore you if you try and talk to him..

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your opinions, however this is the perfect place to discus this! Also not only in my case but others I can think of in the past had been
banned without cause, accusations alone shouldn't get people banned! And if it is then I would think all players would like to know that they can possibly be banned with out any substantial reasoning. So regardless of how you personally feel about me in particular, you should remain bias about unjust banning!

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't know for sure if he hacks but he sure does whine like a lil baby when he gets podded
one time on herc he was telling everyone to get off his server or else
because a noob he podded then asked to help invade podded him
when he came off col low shields
I say payback is fair game lol
if your goin to dish it out
'then take it"

and I am sure Toonces didn't ban him because of a token whore asking him to
:roll:

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

I voted yes, just because you associate your self with Merc1ful, and he was the biggest hacker this game has ever seen.

Also,

countdown till this thread gets locked

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

FYI it is possible to be banned for things other than third party programs.. and no I didn't report you

zanth

Post by zanth » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 pm

LAST WORD

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Well I am shocked to see people actually support banning with out any significance. Regardless if I deserve to be banned or not, I didn't realize people
people wished me gone *snickers*! Which proves my point! If you cant conquer and compete with the best cry toonces and get em banned! Thats the starport moto, heh lamers, really pathetic. *Cheers*

Suave

Post by Suave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Dragonz doesn't hack, is a very good player and has saved my arse loads of times! SO I don't buy the whole leaving when your team is in trouble argument! If you've been banned, that would be very sad indeed.

--Proud to have played with draggy- :)

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 pm

dragonz wrote:Well I am shocked to see people actually support banning with out any significance. Regardless if I deserve to be banned or not, I didn't realize people
people wished me gone *snickers*! Which proves my point! If you cant conquer and compete with the best cry toonces and get em banned! Thats the starport moto, heh lamers, really pathetic. *Cheers*
I can beat you, I have beaten you. You and Merc1ful, and Evo (i think it was Evo). I don't see you as a threat, and I laugh at you for thinking so highly of yourself. Personally I would like to see every one of Merc1ful's friends banned, Dragonz, Suave, Evo, One, and Ironic. They all knew he hacked, and they all said nothing. Isn't that was all of The Hive got banned for on classics? If the corps name wasn't The Hive, please correct me.

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm

LoL! your nobody nub! the only thing your good at is lurking in forums talking about what you could do, but never did!

Suave

Post by Suave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 pm

nine-breaker wrote:
dragonz wrote:Well I am shocked to see people actually support banning with out any significance. Regardless if I deserve to be banned or not, I didn't realize people
I can beat you, I have beaten you. You and Merc1ful, and Evo (i think it was Evo). I don't see you as a threat, and I laugh at you for thinking so highly of yourself. Personally I would like to see every one of Merc1ful's friends banned, Dragonz, Suave, Evo, One, and Ironic. They all knew he hacked, and they all said nothing. Isn't that was all of The Hive got banned for on classics? If the corps name wasn't The Hive, please correct me.
Mr. Toonces can ban me if he wishes, and I first became friends with Merc after fighting against him for awhile and I didn't see any signs of any hacking.

and I still believe he was wrong banned up to this day.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 pm

nine-breaker wrote:
Nine I beat you in a 1v1 (pre-mod) and you had 3 suits and I had nothin, you suck at torping and nuking, and I remember you 'had to leave becuz someone was invading you' so RAWR
dave34 wrote:I know Kasonia got merc1ful banned because merc was better than anyone who fought him... (except checkov, he beat merc in 1v1 :O)
and yes I miss I think this information is 100% correct, I play with merc on Warcraft 3 and he doesn't hack, he just owns everyone Lol (we -merc and I- 2v6ed this clan and won becuz merc was on me team lol)

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

i voted no
I think you are just a good player and i have seen you play on kepler, ur invasion techniques etc
I would ask Toonces why he banned you and who were the ones complaining

My ex-corpie Telemon got banned because he apparently disappeared in the middle of a fight with 3 others
i wasnt there but he swore to me that he never hacked or cheated
Also he always lagged a lot so i dont know how Toonces decided whether Telemon truly cheated
how does he tell the difference between a glitch in the game and a hack???

hey i get warped into the system sometimes when i cap...its a glitch in the game
occassionally because of lag i cannot warp between systems...these are all glitches
if i loose a connection i am warped into some abandoned planet...maybe thats what happened with Telemon

i dont believe Toonces should use one incident to decide who is cheating
The banning process should be a little more transparent

if you are paying to use a service there should be a valid reason and proof for violating terms of using the service else you are entitled to a refund.

Ahh so this i why u r on the forums dragonz lol
all this time you almost never used it

Golab36

Post by Golab36 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 am

Look guys, I know Merc and I know Dragz. Neither have a reason to hack at all. Although both may seem to do some suspicious things at times. If Dragz is banned for nothing then quite frankly that is BS! Its like being charged with murder and being sent to prison even though there is DNA evidence that exonerates you.

So needless to say I voted No.

Golabulus(Rangers all the way!!)

PS.... I will be back tomorrow evening when my flight lands in Indy. So if you all are invading me ya better hurry up. :)

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 am

Ya dragz has a little lag problem anyways.

Example 3 ppl are nuking the balls off of his ship on the top of the system, he then reappears at the bottom of the system like magic and warps out.

Funny merc did the same thing yet he doesnt play here anymore.

He pulled some crap when we were all playing blitz while toonce was on and was never seen from again.

I've seen this plenty of times from players that get shot down all the time then suddenly overnite they have the ability to be anywhere they want in the system.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 am

Mel, we have only 1v1 twice, the first time, I was using a verizon wireless modem card and was lagging pretty bad, you were shooting at my ghost, so I ported for both of our sakes. The second time, was after mods, and yes you beat me.

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 am

You! Lagging!! Shooting at a ghost!!! Wow you should be banned! HACKER

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 am

nine-breaker wrote:Mel, we have only 1v1 twice, the first time, I was using a verizon wireless modem card and was lagging pretty bad, you were shooting at my ghost, so I ported for both of our sakes. The second time, was after mods, and yes you beat me.
I remember you claiming to have beaten me. Lol.

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 am

Your best bet is to follow the proper procedure and email support. This post will not help your cause!

I'd hate to see an active player banned, but it wouldn't be the first time. Good luck.

Major

Post by Major » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 am

Saber-Fury wrote:
dragonz wrote:Call it what you like! However giving the new ability to see other players mods, and having a player warp in to defend his colony while it's being invaded
the last time i ever encountered you was before pre-mod patch.. :?
on herc with evo and me? were you there too dave? I guess that WAS pre mod. WOW, I sorta miss that. ...all i remember is getting the kill and evo getting pissed and saying "...dad's here gotta go!" or something along those lines.

after dragonz lost his igs on herc, Starwynd popped him on classics. ...dude had a rough day.

Ultimately, no. I don't think he cheats, or hacks. He takes his beatings well and tosses them out just as well.

Spy008

Post by Spy008 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:08 am

eehhh i voted yes dont like competition

skynet

Post by skynet » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:29 pm

dont call yourself the best in this game if u havent played against anito....
little competition? lmao... where was you when 11th rebanged?

Suave

Post by Suave » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm

skynet wrote:dont call yourself the best in this game if u havent played against anito....
little competition? lmao... where was you when 11th rebanged?
Anito, please be quiet, thanks. :)

lambcakes

Post by lambcakes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 am

I don't think he should be banned, I've played with drag before and he is legit

REMO

Post by REMO » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Well I have seen a lot of hackers in my time and to tell what I have seen from dragonz when he took one of my planets as I was on it watching is unexplained, he came right through my defenses like it was butter and it seemed my solar had no affect on him and I was watching his shield level and it was not going down. So I know what I saw, you can draw your own conclusions from your own experiences. And I would have to vote YES!

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Dragonz,

Whether or not your were banned has nothing to do with your ability. It is related to people reporting you, simply because the volume of complaints is directly related to the priority of investigation.

Considering that no-one else has said so, mail the guys at PTT at support@starportgame.com and see what they say.

But banning can be for anything, bad language, hacking, 3rd party programs, advertising other games, racisim and general negativity.

Just because people have said they have reported you for hacking, doesn't mean that's why you have been banned, if you have been banned.