(Wanted) Crew of rag-tag old schoolers

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

General_Neox

(Wanted) Crew of rag-tag old schoolers

Post by General_Neox » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 am

Im looking for some bored, old-school players to form a corp and (casually) stir up some BBQ on a new perma. So if you're retired, semi-retired or forum-trollesque give me a shout, or if you've just played for a long time i suppose thats acceptable :P

Crew:

Bardock
SiN
Megaman
Major?
Last edited by General_Neox on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArdRhys4

Re: (Wanted) Crew of rag-tag old schoolers

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 am

Neox, it is all your fault that I can't join you in doing something stupid but fun ;).

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 am

What do you mean?

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 am

I've been looking for a reason to play, and some decent people to play with. I'm sure I've spent more time since joining in 2006 as an inactive forum troll than anything else, and I don't have much of a feel for the game as it is right now.

I also have an astonishingly short attention span.

If that's all cool with you, then count me in. :)

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Alright, I mail you when and if we get a large enough group

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:30 am

I may be up for some trouble making. I probably wouldn't play full time if it were boring though. Meaning, I'd want tons of fighting and podding scrub donkey xp whores.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 am

Podding of scrub donkey xp whores is what i foresee in our notsodistant future

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

General_Neox wrote:Im looking for some bored, old-school players to form a corp and (casually) stir up some BBQ on a new perma. So if you're retired, semi-retired or forum-trollesque give me a shout, or if you've just played for a long time i suppose thats acceptable :P
Yeah, watch out, last time i corped with him after answering a post like this, Neox backstabbed me.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:19 am

I removed you from the corp for being inactive... I didnt take anything of yours.

SiN

Post by SiN » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 am

Sounds fun. Bardock will vouch for me if you want someone who can really kick donkey in just about anything. However I'm with Bardock on this one. If the fighting doesn't stay fierce enough I'll be the first to go. Been waiting for something to draw me back to SGE perhaps this will be it.

Conditions: tons of fighting against active players who have the balls to fight back. Win/Lose doesn't matter, cols don't matter, its all about the # of sols in the end.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 pm

SiN wrote:Sounds fun. Bardock will vouch for me if you want someone who can really kick donkey in just about anything. However I'm with Bardock on this one. If the fighting doesn't stay fierce enough I'll be the first to go. Been waiting for something to draw me back to SGE perhaps this will be it.

Conditions: tons of fighting against active players who have the balls to fight back. Win/Lose doesn't matter, cols don't matter, its all about the # of sols in the end.
So basically. Lets go server to server causing chaos.

SiN and myself working together = People dead. I'm sure Kasonia would join us as well.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:01 am

BardockSGE wrote:
SiN wrote:Sounds fun. Bardock will vouch for me if you want someone who can really kick donkey in just about anything. However I'm with Bardock on this one. If the fighting doesn't stay fierce enough I'll be the first to go. Been waiting for something to draw me back to SGE perhaps this will be it.

So basically. Lets go server to server causing chaos.

SiN and myself working together = People dead. I'm sure Kasonia would join us as well.
if you can summon chiccy from this hibernation of post-awesomeness im down until the heavins fall, just to roll with old friends. (tell him his major got himself a mic again)

skynet

Post by skynet » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:41 am

all talk... all air...

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 am

skynet wrote:all talk... all air...

dont be a douche. i'm asking to play with old friends. What about that is "all talk"?

your just being silly to be silly.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:08 am

You guys wanna fight a war on p1? we're outnumbered, lots of targets and limitless invasion to be done.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

General_Neox wrote:I removed you from the corp for being inactive... I didnt take anything of yours.
Inactive? I love puppies mate. I was online every day. Whether it was 5 minutes or 5 hours.

Are you really going to use that crappy excuse?

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
General_Neox wrote:I removed you from the corp for being inactive... I didnt take anything of yours.
Inactive? I love puppies mate. I was online every day. Whether it was 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I don't think your quite "ragtag" enough.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:09 am

I wouldnt have booted you out of the corp if it wasnt for anything but inactivity. 11th dimension was fast paced.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 am

General_Neox wrote:I wouldnt have booted you out of the corp if it wasnt for anything but inactivity. 11th dimension was fast paced.
What times you usually online p1?

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:30 am

I can be on right now if u like.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 am

As much as I would like to hang out with you guys again, im sorry. On the bright-side I read and casted a vote to get rid of the mods altogether so if Toonces goes through with the majority decision I will def come back for some loving

hug aye!!!

Nolanor

Post by Nolanor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 am

Granted I am old-school, and just starting up again, I'm not sure if you'd want me in your ragtag gang of rapscallions.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Well you got your two basic groups of old schoolers. The "rag-tags" like yourselves, BloodPackians included. Then you got the ones like me, who, in all the chaos that yall have always caused, we have combated with order, organization, and above all, style. With the possible removal of the mods eminent, may our old rivalries surface again, and the fun return. :D

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 am

Nolanor wrote:Granted I am old-school, and just starting up again, I'm not sure if you'd want me in your ragtag gang of rapscallions.
Your welcome to join, your name looks quite familiar.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 am

Major wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:

I don't think your quite "ragtag" enough.
Ragtag? I'm so ragtag i make Kermit look like a sock puppet :)

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Chicboy wrote:As much as I would like to hang out with you guys again, im sorry. On the bright-side I read and casted a vote to get rid of the mods altogether so if Toonces goes through with the majority decision I will def come back for some loving

hug aye!!!
So in your own words you quit the game because you didnt like mods, and then gave your opinion as a non-player. Why in the world would toonces care what you think seriously? This game owes you nothing. And your not special. Ive heard of you and know your a vet who was a good player. That being said, you make the other vets look bad by quitting because you dont like a feature that may earn the game some new players. Imagine now if they all followed your poor example and left.
While toonces is trying to please the majority, sore losers like you quit. You my friend are a part of the games problem, not the soloution. You could of stayed as a player, voiced your opinion and go through the process like everyone else. Instead you quit, and expect us to give a BBQ about your opinion because your a vet?

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 pm

phantomdan wrote:
Chicboy wrote:As much as I would like to hang out with you guys again, im sorry. On the bright-side I read and casted a vote to get rid of the mods altogether so if Toonces goes through with the majority decision I will def come back for some loving

hug aye!!!
So in your own words you quit the game because you didnt like mods, and then gave your opinion as a non-player. Why in the world would toonces care what you think seriously? This game owes you nothing. And your not special. Ive heard of you and know your a vet who was a good player. That being said, you make the other vets look bad by quitting because you dont like a feature that may earn the game some new players. Imagine now if they all followed your poor example and left.
While toonces is trying to please the majority, sore losers like you quit. You my friend are a part of the games problem, not the soloution. You could of stayed as a player, voiced your opinion and go through the process like everyone else. Instead you quit, and expect us to give a BBQ about your opinion because your a vet?

You realise who you are talking to?

Chic is one of the best players this game has seen. So i would think he has just a teensy, weensy little tiny bit more experience than you?

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
phantomdan wrote:

hug aye!!!

You realise who you are talking to?

Chic is one of the best players this game has seen. So i would think he has just a teensy, weensy little tiny bit more experience than you?
And your point is? Yeah so what hes been around longer than me, whats your point? Open your bloody eyes and read what i wrote before your start brownnosing earning brownie points with retired vets. Yeah so what hes more experienced then me, what does that have to do with what i said? Hes not a SGE player anymore, why should i or anyone else give a BBQ about his opinion? Why do you care so much? Oh because hes a vet, and you wanna shine his shoes right? well you did a good job and made yourself look like a fool.

"You realise who you are talking to?"

LOL dude please, go brownnose somewhere else. I dont care who im typing to (not talking fool) hes nobody special to me. Id fight him 1 vs 1 on any server. Why should a non-players opinion mean anything to me? It doesnt and never will. He believes that quitting is the right way to get a point across and let me guess you support this method? then go quit like a loser too otherwise keep your crappy off-topic opinions to yourself. I dont beat around the bush im straight-forward and type it how it is. And this dude is a quitter, in other words his opinions are worth BBQ.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Okay, so let's really have a look at this:
Phantomdan wrote:So in your own words you quit the game because you didnt like mods, and then gave your opinion as a non-player. Why in the world would toonces care what you think seriously?
As far as i am aware, there is no rule anywhere stating that ex-players are not entitled to their opinion based on their experiences. I can understand if he hadn't played in years, but he only quit recently, therefore, in my opinion, his opinion is still valid. Toonces would care because Chicboy has made several valuable inputs to the game. Several of his idea's have been incorporated into the game and therefore, as this is the case, would lead me to believe that Mr Hunter would be interested in what he has to say.

However, i have to add, it looks from Chicboy's post that he was merely making a speculation and his opinion known - who are you to tell him his opinion is wrong?

Phantomdan wrote:This game owes you nothing. And your not special. Ive heard of you and know your a vet who was a good player. That being said, you make the other vets look bad by quitting because you dont like a feature that may earn the game some new players. Imagine now if they all followed your poor example and left.
Like i mentioned beforehand, Chicboy has made several valuable inputs into the game, several of his ideas have been implemented. Therefore, i would see it as acceptable for him to think the game owe's him something, but does he ask for anything? Nope. He may not be special, but he made the servers he played on light hearted and fun.

How does he make other vets look bad? People come and go all of the time, it's part of the game. I myself have left and come back. Perhaps Chicboy has external circumstances in real life that restricts his time on the game in such a way that it is no longer worth the time and effort to play anymore? So what's your problem? Surely if Chicboy leaves, but then several new players come to the game, that would offset the problem?

A poor example? I think not. A poor example would consist of Chicboy being on the forums complaining about the modules all the time, he would write the dreaded 'I quit' post, like so many others have done before him. But to my knowledge, i do not believe he has.

Phantomdan wrote:While toonces is trying to please the majority, sore losers like you quit. You my friend are a part of the games problem, not the soloution. You could of stayed as a player, voiced your opinion and go through the process like everyone else. Instead you quit, and expect us to give a BBQ about your opinion because your a vet?
So what you are saying here, that if Toonces implements something that Chicboy, no - scratch that, anyone doesn't agree with, we should keep playing, even though we don't like the change? Personally, i see no problems with someone voicing the fact that they do not like and do not support a change that has been made as long as they don't shout, swear or start picking on people - It's called free will and freedom of speech.

I see nothing wrong with Chicboy's post - He was just voicing his opinion and making it clear that if Toonces does decide to remove the mods, which looks more and more likely every day that passes, then he will happily join Neox's corp on P1.

And like you said, Toonces is trying to please the majority. By using the word 'Majority' you are openly embracing the fact that there are in fact going to be players who don't like the changes, so i don't see what your problem is.

In essence, Chicboy put his opinion across in a peaceful, pacifistic way, yet here you come across, vulgar, aggressive and completely out of order.

And finally:

I am not brown nosing. I am defending a friend i have played with many times. In my honest opinion, Chicboy is a great player, friend and is a fellow Scott. That is my opinion. Now show that you may posess a little, tiny bit of common decency.

And if you have a moment, i would like to know how it feels to be torn apart by someone who has no sworn once, has not victimised, or name called - But in future, before you verbally attack someone, just remember:

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 am

You hear the story about the lemming being lead off the cliff? Yes, im sure you have.